10-02-2022, 06:33 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
It’s been a while since we’ve done a PIF, so I figured there’s no time better than the present. The drawing is open to active members. To enter, post something profound in this thread. The winner will be chosen at random on Lennon’s birthday in the evening.

I’ve been collecting these parts for a while… these NDC Techs are great shavers! The handle is from a 40s Tech. It was replated by the great Chris Evatt. The bottom plate is bereft of plating but is in excellent condition otherwise. The top cap is as clean as I can get it with my meager means. It’s been buffed gently with a fine grit, soaked in vinegar and baking soda, and then swabbed thoroughly with 90 proof rubbing alcohol. Includes blades as shown. Special thanks to Jorvaljr for his contribution.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

[Image: fKcTuZ9.jpg][Image: IvjtIxO.jpg][Image: jlHW19V.jpg][Image: bJL1K5z.jpg]

Sunday October 9, 2022 8:44 PM Eastern. Due to lack of interest the giveaway is withdrawn. Please PM OP with questions.

22 6,895
 10-02-2022, 05:47 PM
  • Chappy
  • Oklahoma, OK, USA
User Info
Good of you to do a PIF!  I'm not in though...

0 334
 10-03-2022, 02:33 AM
User Info
Sweet PIF. I’m In.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 44
 10-03-2022, 05:23 AM
  • Bax
User Info
Lennon's birthday. I hope you meant John Lennon and didnn't misspell "Lenin."

John Lennon had a gift for expressing profound thoughts in a simple, easily digestible manner, like a hippie Will Rogers. Here are some of my favorites:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted."

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination."

"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."

I not "in" on the PIF, Charlie, but it's a fun one!
:-)
- Bax

0 531
 10-03-2022, 06:24 AM
User Info
Nice PIF, Charlie. 
Respectfully, not in.

102 7,906
 10-06-2022, 07:52 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY