10-11-2022, 12:37 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
We received a shipment of Shield Artist Club razors today in both the Matte and the Polished finish. These Titanium razors are designed by Taibo (Mike) Song and produced in small batches at his friends machine shop in Guangdong China. These razors are suitable for all beard types and all experience levels. While efficient enough to produce a two pass BBS shave with a Feather Professional blade, it is an extremely smooth shaver that should not be feared by anyone.

Approximate Dimensions:

Razor Weight: 71g

Stand Weight: 60g

Handle Length: 90mm

Handle Diameter: 13mm

[Image: LvIzWbj.png][Image: WVxkMoX.png][Image: Gi5rg8U.png]

54 22,531
 10-11-2022, 01:24 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
 10-12-2022, 01:52 AM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
That's a nice looking razor and a great price for Titanium.

14 2,579
 10-12-2022, 06:11 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(10-12-2022, 01:52 AM)Sully Wrote: That's a nice looking razor and a great price for Titanium.

Thank you Shawn! I think you will really like it.

54 22,531
 10-12-2022, 07:43 AM
User Info
The polished titanium handle is beautiful.  The price, which includes a stand, is amazing.

60 12,226
 10-12-2022, 10:46 AM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
(10-12-2022, 06:11 AM)bullgoose Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 01:52 AM)Sully Wrote: That's a nice looking razor and a great price for Titanium.

I hope so!  

Have you shaved with it?

14 2,579
 10-12-2022, 12:04 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(10-12-2022, 10:46 AM)Sully Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 06:11 AM)bullgoose Wrote:

I hope so!  

Have you shaved with it?

Yes, Ive had one for about a month and have used it 8 to 10 times. Its very forgiving while also being plenty efficient (with a Feather Pro blade). The Kai blades are a bit too mild for this razor.

54 22,531
 10-14-2022, 03:27 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
 10-15-2022, 06:34 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
 10-15-2022, 12:49 PM
User Info
This razor is outstanding in every way! Excellent price on this from Phil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 1,628
 10-22-2022, 01:45 AM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
I am really enjoying this razor!  I've been shaving everyday which isn't something I've done in a long time.  I've used several SE razors that use the Artist Club blades, the Cobra, King Cobra, RR Hawk, Mongoose, both generations of the Asylum RX, and now The Shield. The Shield hits the sweet spot for me in aggressivness, it's just right, more aggressive than the Mongoose, but not as aggressive as the first generation Asylum.  It's light, easy to manuver, and the handle has a good grip.  Blade changes are easy.  I get a great shave with two passes and minor touch ups.  I've been using Kai Captain Titan Mild Blades and will try a Feather Pro at some point.  

Thanks Phil!

14 2,579
 10-22-2022, 09:54 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(10-22-2022, 01:45 AM)Sully Wrote: I am really enjoying this razor!  I've been shaving everyday which isn't something I've done in a long time.  I've used several SE razors that use the Artist Club blades, the Cobra, King Cobra, RR Hawk, Mongoose, both generations of the Asylum RX, and now The Shield. The Shield hits the sweet spot for me in aggressivness, it's just right, more aggressive than the Mongoose, but not as aggressive as the first generation Asylum.  It's light, easy to manuver, and the handle has a good grip.  Blade changes are easy.  I get a great shave with two passes and minor touch ups.  I've been using Kai Captain Titan Mild Blades and will try a Feather Pro at some point.  

Thanks Phil!

Excellent! I am glad to hear that Shawn. I have been really impressed with Shield. I have a batch of Shield Gem razors on the way that will change the way you think about Gem. It is hands down the smoothest Gem razor that I have ever used.

54 22,531
 10-22-2022, 03:21 PM
User Info
Can anyone compare the shave efficacy/aggressiveness of the Shield SE to the Blackland Vector SE razor?

1 46
 10-22-2022, 05:12 PM
User Info
(10-22-2022, 01:45 AM)Sully Wrote: I am really enjoying this razor!  I've been shaving everyday which isn't something I've done in a long time.  I've used several SE razors that use the Artist Club blades, the Cobra, King Cobra, RR Hawk, Mongoose, both generations of the Asylum RX, and now The Shield. The Shield hits the sweet spot for me in aggressivness, it's just right, more aggressive than the Mongoose, but not as aggressive as the first generation Asylum.  It's light, easy to manuver, and the handle has a good grip.  Blade changes are easy.  I get a great shave with two passes and minor touch ups.  I've been using Kai Captain Titan Mild Blades and will try a Feather Pro at some point.  

Thanks Phil!

Shawn, it seems like this razor shaves as good as it looks.  It's a beautiful, machined handle.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  Comparisons with other razors are always useful.

60 12,226
 10-23-2022, 03:15 AM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
(10-22-2022, 09:54 AM)bullgoose Wrote:

Thanks Phil!

Excellent! I am glad to hear that Shawn. I have been really impressed with Shield. I have a batch of Shield Gem razors on the way that will change the way you think about Gem. It is hands down the smoothest Gem razor that I have ever used.

That sounds exciting.  I'm looking forward to trying one.

14 2,579