10-17-2022, 12:06 PM
User Info
I love to keep busy so I've been looking around for something I could do to contribute to my daily shaving routine and divert my attention from buying new razors, brushes., lather bowls, etc.  Preferably something with a little less impact on my bank account.  After shave balm is my favorite post shave application, I enjoy comparing the different balms with their different scents, ingredients, consistency, etc.  So, without much effort I've found several DIY recipes online for after shave balm, and I've found several sites where I can buy the various ingredients.   Looks like all I need is a small double boiler, a basic online recipe, and some imagination.  I'm not looking at this to save money, simply an opportunity to satisfy my curiosity and do something I never dreamed I would entertain. 

Has anyone tried this?  I'd love to hear about your experience if you have tried to make your own after shave balm.  Comments from others who haven't tried it are welcome also.  One problem I will have if I produce something I like is what to do with all the balm I have impulse purchased.  

What do you think?

0 29
 10-17-2022, 07:09 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Barry, this is very interestingSisi I’ve considered at various times, purchasing the ingredients for a homemade Snake Bite inspired aftershave splash. As yet I have not done so because my stash is ample, but down the road, you never know.

Two of our members have recently begun tinkering with homemade splashes. Perhaps they’ll chime in. Oh, Ricardo… Oh, Primo Rolleyes

Good luck, Barry. Please keep us updated as you go. I will definitely be following this thread.

22 6,895
 10-23-2022, 12:18 PM
User Info
You may want to post this in the aftershave forum, maybe get some more responses.

0 202
 10-23-2022, 05:26 PM
User Info
Thanks, Rudy.  I moved it.

60 12,226