10-19-2022, 11:42 AM
User Info
First shave coming up this evening, maybe the Final Four will become the Fab Five, and if we add in the SMN the arithmetic just goes out the window. This forum has a corrosive effect on my will power. Enablers everywhere I turn.

0 414
 10-19-2022, 01:36 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I agree. Levante is a great soap, Bill. The base is creamy and protective, and the scent is simultaneously mellow and interesting to my olfactory sensibilities. I was using it a lot last spring, then during the summer I went mostly unscented or mentholated. Circumstances at chez chazt currently call for mostly unscented shaves, but perhaps a trip to the old soap drawer is in order tomorrow morning.
Enjoy your shaves Sbathroom_grooming_shaving_100-100

22 6,895
 10-19-2022, 03:32 PM
User Info
Thanks Charlie, it was a great first shave. This soap has had many very positive reviews from members whose opinions I respect. I like your "creamy and protective" and don't want to just sound like an echo chamber so we can go with that. I can't come up with the right AS to pair it with, so I rinsed, patted dry, and let it linger. It left my skin feeling soft and I smell good as I'm typing this. It seems to have a nice finish on it's own so maybe I'll keep using it this way, Ricardo never shows an AS with it, maybe he doesn't use one either. I used a Semogue Torga Boar btw, effortless.

0 414
 10-19-2022, 05:00 PM
User Info
Bill, I'm glad and not surprised you liked the soap.   I prefer triple milled soaps these days and Levante has a lot going for it.  I generally don't pair aftershaves with soaps.  Most of the time I follow whatever soap I use with one of the "blue" aftershave splashes or Proraso Green.

60 12,226
 10-19-2022, 05:32 PM
User Info
(10-19-2022, 05:00 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Bill, I'm glad and not surprised you liked the soap.   I prefer triple milled soaps these days and Levante has a lot going for it.  I generally don't pair aftershaves with soaps.  Most of the time I follow whatever soap I use with one of the "blue" aftershave splashes or Proraso Green.

Great advise Ricardo, I very often lean blue or green myself. It will be Spanish Aqua Velva tomorrow.

0 414
 10-19-2022, 06:02 PM
User Info
Bill, Levante and Spanish Aqua Velva will be a great combination!

60 12,226
 10-19-2022, 06:03 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(10-19-2022, 03:32 PM)Uncas Wrote: Thanks Charlie, it was a great first shave. This soap has had many very positive reviews from members whose opinions I respect. I like your "creamy and protective" and don't want to just sound like an echo chamber so we can go with that. I can't come up with the right AS to pair it with, so I rinsed, patted dry, and let it linger. It left my skin feeling soft and I smell good as I'm typing this. It seems to have a nice finish on it's own so maybe I'll keep using it this way, Ricardo never shows an AS with it, maybe he doesn't use one either. I used a Semogue Torga Boar btw, effortless.

(10-19-2022, 05:32 PM)Uncas Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 05:00 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Bill, I'm glad and not surprised you liked the soap.   I prefer triple milled soaps these days and Levante has a lot going for it.  I generally don't pair aftershaves with soaps.  Most of the time I follow whatever soap I use with one of the "blue" aftershave splashes or Proraso Green.

Great advise Ricardo, I very often lean blue or green myself. It will be Spanish Aqua Velva tomorrow.

Swiss Pitralon and Snake Bite are my Levante pairings. Yes, I can see the P-Green working with Levante also.

22 6,895
 10-19-2022, 06:44 PM
User Info
This puck was my discovery of the year, and I have reached for it more than any other puck. It is a classic scent, and the performance is elite. I have a handful of pux I insure I have backups of, and this is one of them. I need to stack up some more.

For me, this has the Mediterranean - ITALIAN - Neroli Portofino feel to it. I post up with 4711, Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia, and DRH Arlington AFSs.

A great daily reach, good for the office, good for all year.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

0 707
 10-19-2022, 06:56 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(10-19-2022, 06:44 PM)TommyCarioca Wrote: This puck was my discovery of the year, and I have reached for it more than any other puck. It is a classic scent, and the performance is elite.  I have a handful of pux I insure I have backups of, and this is one of them. I need to stack up some more.

For me, this has the Mediterranean - ITALIAN - Neroli Portofino feel to it. I post up with 4711, Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia, and DRH Arlington AFSs.

Yes, DRH Arlington! Solid choice.

22 6,895
 10-19-2022, 07:10 PM
User Info
(10-19-2022, 06:44 PM)TommyCarioca Wrote: This puck was my discovery of the year, and I have reached for it more than any other puck. It is a classic scent, and the performance is elite.  I have a handful of pux I insure I have backups of, and this is one of them. I need to stack up some more.

Agreed as to the scent and performance of this soap.  Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia is a great suggestion which I have in my inventory and will definitely try.

60 12,226
 10-19-2022, 07:14 PM
User Info

Thanks Tommy, those are some great suggestions! Now that you point it out, I get the Neroli hit, I couldn't put my finger on it before.

0 414
 10-20-2022, 06:18 AM
User Info
Having never been much into soap scents, preferring to use an aftershave or cologne, I'm finding this Asylum Levante quite compelling. Every trip to the bathroom and even when I'm just walking past now requires a quick sniff. I just looked in the mirror and witnessed myself doing this and thought, my God, I've become a soap sniffer.

0 414
 10-20-2022, 06:05 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(10-20-2022, 06:18 AM)Uncas Wrote: Having never been much into soap scents, preferring to use an aftershave or cologne, I'm finding this Asylum Levante quite compelling. Every trip to the bathroom and even when I'm just walking past now requires a quick sniff. I just looked in the mirror and witnessed myself doing this and thought, my God, I've become a soap sniffer.

Firedevil

22 6,895
 10-20-2022, 07:28 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(10-20-2022, 06:18 AM)Uncas Wrote: Having never been much into soap scents, preferring to use an aftershave or cologne, I'm finding this Asylum Levante quite compelling. Every trip to the bathroom and even when I'm just walking past now requires a quick sniff. I just looked in the mirror and witnessed myself doing this and thought, my God, I've become a soap sniffer.

AaaaaI'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the Asylum Levante soap. All Asylum products are 20% off for the rest of the month so, this might be a good time to stock up.

54 22,531
 10-21-2022, 10:15 AM
User Info
(10-20-2022, 07:28 PM)bullgoose Wrote:

AaaaaI'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the Asylum Levante soap. All Asylum products are 20% off for the rest of the month so, this might be a good time to stock up.
Thanks Phil, I'll get back with you this evening!

0 414
 10-21-2022, 10:21 AM
User Info
(10-19-2022, 07:10 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:

Agreed as to the scent and performance of this soap.  Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia is a great suggestion which I have in my inventory and will definitely try.
Oh Ricardo.....La Toja for the win, I had forgotten how fine this really is, some just arrived today and goes directly to the top of the food chain.

0 414
 10-28-2022, 02:08 PM
User Info
Nixing the aftershave with this soap, it just doesn't need it. The afterglow of scent, and post shave goodness is only diminished by splashing on something that only dampens the pleasure. IMHO!!

Edit; Snakebite Charlie??

0 414
 10-28-2022, 07:05 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
You been bit, Bill?

22 6,895
 10-29-2022, 05:59 AM
User Info
I actually have been hit several times on my snake boots bird hunting and coon hunting, but they haven't gotten any meat yet. I tried some Snakebite a few years back and remember it having a big WOW factor, I might see if Phil has any in stock. It could put my manhood to the test.

0 414
 10-29-2022, 03:37 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(10-29-2022, 05:59 AM)Uncas Wrote: I actually have been hit several times on my snake boots bird hunting and coon hunting, but they haven't gotten any meat yet. I tried some Snakebite a few years back and remember it having a big WOW factor, I might see if Phil has any in stock. It could put my manhood to the test.

Holy Mama! That must be ridiculously unnerving to see a snake bite your leg.

The splash is light, crisp and clean. There’s no glycerin, aloe, or anything that might be mistaken for “skin food.” Frankly, I wish it had less water and more menthol. The sting makes me feel good. It stings for just a moment and the chill stays for less than ten minutes. But it’s bracing nonetheless, and it’s part of my daily ritual. My last two shaves, on a lark, I took a dab of Baume.be balm and combined it with the Snake Bite. Very interesting. The Baume is the bomb, btw. You oughta try it. Great scent and post shave feel. Phil has that in stock, but none of the Fine splash. Fwiw, I emailed Todd Cerami a while back about increasing the “bite” but he said he had no plans to change the formula. Our friend Ricardo is experimenting…

22 6,895