10-10-2012, 09:00 PM
User Info
While the main focus on this forum is - naturally - the lower half of our faces, I do try to take care of the rest of me as well.

My latest effort in that regard is a bar of "Fan medicated soap", a Chinese soap which is heavily spiked with camphor. It's supposed to "helps troublesome skin conditions and clears away jealousy, evil spirits, and unnatural illness"*, which I suspect is just what my feet needs from being in combat boots all day.

[Image: fan-medicated-soap.jpg]

Packaging is simple; small plastic bag in a bright red Art Deco styled cardboard box that's quite striking. No list of ingredients, but it certainly have no lack of camphor.

The scent of it is strong - to the point where I think we're going to have to keep the bar in a tupperware - but not unpleasant. The bar don't lather easily but by using my hairy legs in much the same way I use my stubble to get soap of a shavestick, I made it work. At least it rinsed off easily...

It made for squeaky clean feet that smells of camphor... somehow I think the scent will linger for a few hours.

*) All according to the website my Better Half got it from - it's available elsewhere, but not from many places that ships to Norway

3 3,580
 10-12-2012, 07:09 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
Interesting.

Did you like it?

1 819
 10-12-2012, 08:40 PM
User Info
The scent takes a while to get used to - it's pretty strong - but it does seem to do my feet good. So Yes, overall I think I like it.

3 3,580
 10-13-2012, 10:22 AM
User Info
............do the Chinese ever list the ingredients on their products?

39 1,054
 06-03-2013, 11:24 PM
  • LouSee
  • NEPA, USA
User Info
thread necro but...

yeah, the chinese list ingredients on their products. in chinese!

a friend just brought me a couple dozens bars of camphor soap from china and the ingredients are listed. they have EDTA and CI<some number> for a colorant and 1,2-<chinese>. So, I know those are ingredients but he hasn't replied to my email about what the rest of the label is.

Fan soap is made by the Shanghai Soap Company, been around for over 100 years. http://www.ssc.com.cn They make a bunch of other soaps you've probably seen in your health food, organic food, whole food stores.

16 25