10-29-2022, 01:08 PM
User Info
I saw these online and I was curious so I ordered a tuck. It has the Kai name and logo on them. I will add them to the queue with like 3 other blades I have not used that I will be trying. Has anybody seen these, heard of them, or had any experience with them?

[Image: X8Yiezo.jpg]

6 1,088
 10-29-2022, 01:46 PM
User Info
I just opened my first pack of Kai and am 3 shaves in on the first blade. I find them somewhere between Feather and Astra for sharpness.
What I love is there's no wax on the paper, so I'll be buying more. I hate the wax sticking to silo doors on my TTOs and baseplates... exactly what I wanted.

2 184
 10-29-2022, 01:55 PM
User Info
(10-29-2022, 01:46 PM)Old School TSD Wrote: I just opened my first pack of Kai and am 3 shaves in on the first blade. I find them somewhere between Feather and Astra for sharpness.
What I love is there's no wax on the paper, so I'll be buying more. I hate the wax sticking to silo doors on my TTOs and baseplates... exactly what I wanted.

I agree I'm not a fan of the glue in general. I have some Kai blades I haven't used them too much but it may be worth comparing these to them.

6 1,088
 10-29-2022, 03:05 PM
User Info
From what I can find Mike, they are Kai with different packaging. Kai blades are seeing a lot of razor time around here lately, I'm a fan. The Lupo and Game Changer seem at their best with them. My vintage Gillettes are happier with other blades.

0 406
 10-29-2022, 03:45 PM
User Info
(10-29-2022, 03:05 PM)Uncas Wrote: From what I can find Mike, they are Kai with different packaging. Kai blades are seeing a lot of razor time around here lately, I'm a fan. The Lupo and Game Changer seem at their best with them. My vintage Gillettes are happier with other blades.

I do see Kai as somewhat popular and revered as close to Feather in sharpness. I have the Game Changer 0.84 SB, I'll have to try these in that. If these are the same blades, they are less expensive than Kai and may be worth it if you're a fan. I have used both Kai and Feather, and I would say I was more impressed with the Feather at that time.

6 1,088
 10-29-2022, 04:21 PM
User Info
Feathers are indeed alone at the top when it comes to sharpness and if you have a beard that needs that, not much else will get it done like them. For me the Kai are plenty sharp while still being comfortable and long lived. Blades have provided lots of comparatively cheap fun for me over the years, and I've sure accumulated a pile of them. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on these blades.

0 406
 10-29-2022, 05:03 PM
User Info
(10-29-2022, 04:21 PM)Uncas Wrote: Feathers are indeed alone at the top when it comes to sharpness and if you have a beard that needs that, not much else will get it done like them. For me the Kai are plenty sharp while still being comfortable and long lived. Blades have provided lots of comparatively cheap fun for me over the years, and I've sure accumulated a pile of them. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on these blades.
It amazes me how I started not being interested in or feeling the need to try all different things. Razors, blades, soaps, brushes, etc. Then, little by little I have accumulated a collection of stuff. I guess at first I didn't truly understand all the differences in those products. My last 2 collection expansions were blades, now I have gotten like 3 brushes in less than a month. I am currently finishing my Personna Red testing. I have found it to be a super efficient and comfortable combination in my Karve with the SB-E plate. 1.10 gap with some blade exposure.

6 1,088
 10-29-2022, 05:15 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I find that Kai DE blades make my Techs more efficient. As I understand, it’s due to Kais being a wee bit wider than other blades. I have about ten tucks in my stash. They’re great to add on to an order if I’m close to free shipping Wink

22 6,874
 10-29-2022, 05:54 PM
User Info
(10-29-2022, 05:15 PM)chazt Wrote: I find that Kai DE blades make my Techs more efficient. As I understand, it’s due to Kais being a wee bit wider than other blades. I have about ten tucks in my stash. They’re great to add on to an order if I’m close to free shipping Wink

I had no idea they were wider. I did find when I switched from my .68 to .84 RazorRock Game Changer it didn't seem much different. When I put a Feather in, that changed. It definitely became more efficient. Right now with the Personna Reds in my Karve, I am really loving the shave. It looks like I really have to start experimenting and paying attention more to blade/razor combos and see what works best with what. There really can be a difference form razor to razor, blade to blade.

6 1,088
 10-29-2022, 07:05 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(10-29-2022, 05:54 PM)Mike Distress Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 05:15 PM)chazt Wrote: I find that Kai DE blades make my Techs more efficient. As I understand, it’s due to Kais being a wee bit wider than other blades. I have about ten tucks in my stash. They’re great to add on to an order if I’m close to free shipping Wink

I had no idea they were wider. I did find when I switched from my .68 to .84 RazorRock Game Changer it didn't seem much different. When I put a Feather in, that changed. It definitely became more efficient. Right now with the Personna Reds in my Karve, I am really loving the shave. It looks like I really have to start experimenting and paying attention more to blade/razor combos and see what works best with what. There really can be a difference form razor to razor, blade to blade.

Check this http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=46159&page=2

22 6,874