11-01-2022, 04:00 AM
User Info
Gentlemen, let's see those acquisitions in November.

60 12,208
 11-01-2022, 01:25 PM
User Info
Picked up the Blackland Era. It has been discontinued and was on sale so I figured why not? It wasn't too expensive to start with so I got the razor, Level 5 SB & OC plates and the stand.

[Image: 7hhPVR6.png]

6 1,088
 11-01-2022, 05:47 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Discontinued already? That was fast! I saw Shane’s email about bringing back the Dart. Maybe he’ll bring back the Era down the road.

22 6,874
 11-01-2022, 07:07 PM
User Info
(11-01-2022, 05:47 PM)chazt Wrote: Discontinued already? That was fast! I saw Shane’s email about bringing back the Dart. Maybe he’ll bring back the Era down the road.

Yep. The reason for discontinuing the Era is basically that the company that made it couldn't manufacture it any longer. They had run into some financial constraints and jobs that weren't profitable had to be cut. Unfortunately, it was just a business thing. It is cool he's bringing back the Dart, I'm glad I already have one. That was one of the first two razors I bought that was kind of my gateway to "high end" razors.

6 1,088
 11-02-2022, 06:13 AM
User Info
I already have the Era with the SB Lvl 5. Wanted to get a 3 and 4 plates since it’s discontinued but I wasn’t quick enough to get them.

0 468
 11-02-2022, 11:13 AM
User Info
(11-02-2022, 06:13 AM)ImJustMe Wrote: I already have the Era with the SB Lvl 5. Wanted to get a 3 and 4 plates since it’s discontinued but I wasn’t quick enough to get them.

Wow, guess they sold out already. As soon as I saw the email I jumped. That's why i grabbed the stand and the OC plate. Just to avoid future regret and disappointment. Sorry you missed out.

6 1,088
 11-02-2022, 03:22 PM
User Info
(11-02-2022, 11:13 AM)Mike Distress Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 06:13 AM)ImJustMe Wrote: I already have the Era with the SB Lvl 5. Wanted to get a 3 and 4 plates since it’s discontinued but I wasn’t quick enough to get them.

Wow, guess they sold out already. As soon as I saw the email I jumped. That's why i grabbed the stand and the OC plate. Just to avoid future regret and disappointment. Sorry you missed out.

I was at work when I saw the email but didn't had the time to order something. I just took the time a few minutes ago to see what was left in stock on their site because even though I'm not that much into Open Comb I tought I could buy one just to try one that would be close to the lvl 4. Turns out that the SB lvl 4 was back in stock. I was frigging happy and stoped everything I was doing to add also an Open Comb Lvl 3 along with a brush and a pack of personna blades and pass my order ASAP  Shy Cool 

[Image: M7yQzhZ.jpg]

0 468
 11-02-2022, 03:34 PM
User Info
(11-02-2022, 03:22 PM)ImJustMe Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 11:13 AM)Mike Distress Wrote:

I was at work when I saw the email but didn't had the time to order something. I just took the time a few minutes ago to see what was left in stock on their site because even though I'm not that much into Open Comb I tought I could buy one just to try one that would be close to the lvl 4. Turns out that the SB lvl 4 was back in stock. I was frigging happy and stoped everything I was doing to add also an Open Comb Lvl 3 along with a brush and a pack of personna blades an pass my order ASAP  Shy Cool 

[Image: M7yQzhZ.jpg]

I just happened to see the email when it was pretty recent. I have their Blackbird OC and it is pretty aggressive. The Era "shaving experience" as they call it, the OC and SB plates are less aggressive, smoother, and have less blade feel vs. the SS Blackbird. We shall see. I went with Level 5 on both so we'll see if I made a mistake!!!

6 1,088
 11-02-2022, 04:53 PM
User Info
(11-02-2022, 03:34 PM)Mike Distress Wrote: I just happened to see the email when it was pretty recent. I have their Blackbird OC and it is pretty aggressive. The Era "shaving experience" as they call it, the OC and SB plates are less aggressive, smoother, and have less blade feel vs. the SS Blackbird. We shall see. I went with Level 5 on both so we'll see if I made a mistake!!!

Never tried their OC SS Blackbird, but I have the machined Ti SB one and I LOVE it. Event thought they’re both blackbird, I think they would feel really different.
I love my Era lvl 5 SB, but I was always curious to try the Lvl 4 as some have described it as a milder version of the blackbird and compare a bit with the vector in term of blade feel.
I picked up an OC lvl 3 just because it was discontinued and that I wanted to give OC a second chance. And at that selling price, it’s not that big of a deal…

Keep us updated on your thoughts on the Era Lvl 5 when you’ll try it!

0 468
 11-02-2022, 08:12 PM
User Info
(11-02-2022, 04:53 PM)ImJustMe Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 03:34 PM)Mike Distress Wrote: I just happened to see the email when it was pretty recent. I have their Blackbird OC and it is pretty aggressive. The Era "shaving experience" as they call it, the OC and SB plates are less aggressive, smoother, and have less blade feel vs. the SS Blackbird. We shall see. I went with Level 5 on both so we'll see if I made a mistake!!!

Never tried their OC SS Blackbird, but I have the machined Ti SB one and I LOVE it. Event thought they’re both blackbird, I think they would feel really different.
I love my Era lvl 5 SB, but I was always curious to try the Lvl 4 as some have described it as a milder version of the blackbird and compare a bit with the vector in term of blade feel.
I picked up an OC lvl 3 just because it was discontinued and that I wanted to give OC a second chance. And at that selling price, it’s not that big of a deal…

Keep us updated on your thoughts on the Era Lvl 5 when you’ll try it!

I will. I will likely do a post on the Era when I get it and try it. I have the polished Brass, SS, and Ti Blackbirds along with the Jet. The Jet is the one I have the OC plate for. A lot of blade feel, you definitely know you're shaving!!!

6 1,088
 11-05-2022, 02:12 PM
User Info
Got a double mail call yesterday. The Era is a nice looking razor and I look forward to trying it. The Alpha Betahive looks amazing and is heavy considering it is aluminum. It must be a nice hunk of metal. I will be using it tomorrow. The High Polish Titanium Magnum Ti handle is stunning. The picture does it no justice. 

[Image: HJbC8Hy.jpg]

6 1,088
 11-05-2022, 02:45 PM
User Info
That's a beautiful aluminum beehive, Mike.  What knot is that?

60 12,208
 11-05-2022, 03:11 PM
User Info
(11-05-2022, 02:45 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: That's a beautiful aluminum beehive, Mike.  What knot is that?

Thank you!!! It is the G5D Synth. Steve swapped the original knot out for me before shipping. I'm not sure of the actual knot size or loft. I really wanted this. I had one in my cart sometime ago and it must have been bought before I got it because I tried buying it and couldn't. This was also the last one he had on his site. And got it on sale!!!

6 1,088
 11-05-2022, 04:33 PM
User Info
Well done Mike!! When you can get a beauty like that on sale, you know you're on a roll.

0 406
 11-05-2022, 04:49 PM
User Info
(11-05-2022, 04:33 PM)Uncas Wrote: Well done Mike!! When you can get a beauty like that on sale, you know you're on a roll.

Yeah, no doubt. I got a great deal on the brush and the Magnum Ti handle. It was the last handle Steve had. I had tried to buy it earlier this year and failed, but the sale made it worth the wait!!! Both pieces are beautiful and even not on sale the prices are reasonable for the quality.

6 1,088
 11-06-2022, 01:58 PM
User Info
(11-05-2022, 02:12 PM)Mike Distress Wrote:
Got a double mail call yesterday. The Era is a nice looking razor and I look forward to trying it. The Alpha Betahive looks amazing and is heavy considering it is aluminum. It must be a nice hunk of metal. I will be using it tomorrow. The High Polish Titanium Magnum Ti handle is stunning. The picture does it no justice. 

Nice Beehive, Mike.

101 7,886
 11-06-2022, 03:00 PM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Enjoy your shaves!

22 6,874
 11-06-2022, 05:34 PM
User Info
Mike, we need more beehive photos!

60 12,208
 11-06-2022, 11:27 PM
User Info
(11-06-2022, 05:34 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Mike, we need more beehive photos!

We do!!! I would like to photograph it better and have more pictures because it really is beautiful. I just find getting decent exposure is a little difficult with the light and or post editing because it's a shiny metal. At least for me, it's something I haven't quite figured out yet. Also, the synthetic G5D is magnificent. It was only my first shave with it, but it face lathered very well and with ease. I can already see it being in my rotation heavily. It is quite hefty for being aluminum, but I'm guessing it's probably machined from a pretty big hunk. I can only imagine how hefty the copper one must be.

6 1,088
 11-07-2022, 05:55 PM
User Info
(11-05-2022, 02:12 PM)Mike Distress Wrote:

Mike. That razor and brush, oh my!

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

0 707