10-11-2012, 10:35 AM
User Info
So, I'm going to try using my injectors next week but I've had no real success with them so far but I refuse to give up. Hence, I'll be using them next week and trying again.

Does anyone have any tips/hints that would help make my shave better? Sure would appreciate any/all input.

Thanks in advance. Now, go enjoy those shave

4 952
 10-11-2012, 10:42 AM
User Info
Michael, during my relatively brief sojourn into injector razor shaving, I found that I needed to stretch my skin in front of the razor more and apply greater pressure against the skin than with my DE razors, in order to get a close shave. And the razor angle is crucial; unless it's exactly right, your shave won't be good.

183 12,002
 10-11-2012, 10:53 AM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
Which model injector and what's not working?

Is it not cutting, or cutting too much (of you)?

My experience is that the G-models onwards are pretty easy to use if you have good blades. The Chinese-made Schick brand blades are popular.

The blade angle is different than with DE's and other SEs, but for me it was pretty straightforward to find it. The G+ models I've tried almost never nick me.

My older E-model injectors are much more likely to bite back. They also give a better shave if you are careful. The E and G models look very similar, but the Es have a single patent number and the Gs have 2. E handles are usually bakelite with no seam and the Gs are plastic and have a noticeable seam that runs the length of the handle.

Good Luck and let us know how it works out. There are some serious injector fans on this site who can give you all kinds of info and advice.

0 911
 10-12-2012, 08:48 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
Now, I am going to have to dig out my Injector Razors and try them again.

1 819
 10-15-2012, 07:38 AM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
I dug out my E2 this morning and had a very nice shave. Mostly BBS and very comfortable. The "gotcha" for me with the E models is that they are so light (compared to my other razors) that you are tempted to "bear down" and that's when they bite. No such problem today.

0 911
 10-15-2012, 08:12 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I don't use a lot of pressure and do a two pass shave with mine. Best advise I can give is follow step #4 in the photo below.

173 23,486
 10-15-2012, 08:22 PM
User Info
Johnny is the injector guy, I'd heed his advice.

I also own 7 or 8 injectors and concur that you want the razor head to be almost flat against your skin.

40 5,830
 10-16-2012, 07:39 PM
  • Notary
  • Montreal, Quebec
User Info
I love the Schick Injectors and have approximately seven of them in the stable. They are great little razors and look nifty in the nook, with the different colored bake-lite handles. Personally, I feel that they are very safe and easy to use; they offer the safety of a modern multi-bladed razor coupled with the closeness offered by a DE razor. As other members have said, do not apply too much pressure and practice with the appropriate angle; trial and error always works best. Good luck and Happy Shaving. Sam.

0 108
 10-17-2012, 07:55 AM
  • J_fro
  • From the 716!
User Info
I am just closing in on 2 weeks of using only a g-1 Injector and I gotta say, Step 4 is the key. I have been getting great shaves.

12 648
 10-17-2012, 10:32 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(10-15-2012, 08:22 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: Johnny is the injector guy, I'd heed his advice.

I also own 7 or 8 injectors and concur that you want the razor head to be almost flat against your skin.

Well, I use them but I would say Nick (wknicholas) was the injector guy.

173 23,486