10-11-2012, 03:26 PM
User Info
I previously ordered a Shavemac from BullGoose and was very pleased with the service and the brush. I then decided to order a brush directly from Shavemac, which is the first time I've done this.

I ordered the brush last Thursday. On Monday I get an email from Shavemac that my brush has been shipped. On Tuesday, I get a call from FedEx in Tennessee and they tell me the brush is there but can't be released until it is inspected by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Department. I didn't know this but the woman at FedEx says that this is required of all badger brushes coming into the country. She also says that the inspection usually happens in a day.

On Wednesday my brush clears inspection in Tennessee, is shipped to me in Miami, and I receive it today (Thursday). So the brush gets to me from Germany exactly one week after I ordered it, which is impressive, and would have gotten here a day sooner had it not been held up for a day waiting for inspection.

My first experience dealing with Shavemac directly was outstanding. FedEx was also outstanding.

And now I know that in this era of huge government deficits, our tax dollars are being spent on having Fish and Wildlife agents go inspect individual badger brushes coming into the country.

37 2,971
 10-11-2012, 03:32 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
That must also have a lot to do with FedEx. I ordered a Plisson badger brush direct from Plisson and they shipped it express mail. From date of order to delivery at my front door, took 4-days. It just made a quick blip through customs in Chicago.

173 23,553
 10-11-2012, 03:39 PM
User Info
It's just Fedex.

9 2,988
 10-12-2012, 09:25 AM
User Info
Congratulations on the new brush! Wow, money and time going into inspecting shaving brushes!

75 20,883
 10-12-2012, 04:34 PM
User Info
Yup the F&W thing is FedEx. My Shavemac had the same issue and was shipped via FedEx. All my other badger brushes purchased from Europe have gone regular post and were never held up for fish and wildlife inspections.

129 6,685
 10-12-2012, 09:05 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Pics of the brush and tell us what model is , please! We truly love shavemacs , maybe we should do something with that brand...

86 7,124
 10-12-2012, 09:07 PM
User Info
(10-12-2012, 09:05 PM)Teiste Wrote: Pics of the brush and tell us what model is , please! We truly love shavemacs , maybe we should do something with that brand...

I would be all over a LE TSN Shavemac. My favorite badger brush.

129 6,685