10-11-2012, 05:33 PM
User Info
Does anyone know of a good stand for the Wee Scot, whether intended to be a brush stand or not? The only one I have found is an Edwin Jagger NARROW NOCK Acrylic Brush Drip Stand on shoeboxshaveshop.

18 242
 10-11-2012, 05:37 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
How about this? It's for brushes with a knot size of 23mm or smaller, the handle of the wee scot might rest right on top.

[Image: image.php?type=P&id=117]

http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xc...125&page=1

10 1,120
 10-11-2012, 07:06 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Some of the Merkur metal stands work, but they're like $80 or so, very stylish but that is a bit steep for a stand. I can't really link directly to it, just control-F and search for 904781001..while I like the simplicity, Superior Shaves website leaves a lot to be desired.

31 1,510
 10-11-2012, 07:06 PM
User Info
That looks perfect. Thanks.

I've enjoyed the simplicity of thesuperiorshave website, and have found the proprietor very helpful. He pointed out that the Merkur stands that hold the Futur brushes also hold the Wee Scot. I agree with you, though, that they are a lot of money for holding a single teeny tiny brush, and they hold them up so high for such a small brush. It would be nice to have a short metal (nickel plated perhaps) stand for it. It seems deserving, although I have been assured that it will do just fine sitting on its bottom, which makes sense since it has such a small head that it meant to dry more quickly.

18 242
 10-11-2012, 07:46 PM
User Info
I can highly recommend the acrylic stands from Cutting Edge Razors (http://www.cuttingedgerazors.com/). They are strong and durable and attractive, and Shane will make one for you with exactly the brush opening size that you specify. And you can get it with your initials engraved.

184 12,003
 10-11-2012, 07:57 PM
User Info
Thanks for the great resource for custom shaving stands. Custom is always nice. Just like every face is different, each person has different storage needs when it comes to their shaving items.

18 242
 10-11-2012, 08:36 PM
User Info
Well, OK I get it about stands. But I'm a frugal Yankee and there's a stand that no one has mentioned yet. It's at the base of the handle, bristles up... the flat end. It's flat for a reason. Otherwise it would be something other.

I have exactly one stand for a brush and that's because the gent who made that brush for me didn't think to make the handle flat on the end. It was a "DUHHH" moment for him when I suggested that (very kindly on tiptoes) with future brushes. The brush was a "friendship brush" that I didn't have a clue he was making for me. But it's probably the most meaningful brush I own if you know what I mean. It takes up alot of room in my cabinet because of the stand. My expensive brushes stand on their bases, bristles pointing up, and I'm frugal. Does that suggest anything to you?

BTW, frugality doesn't mean "cheap". It means getting the most out of something and if something isn't worth using, then simplify and do without. Americas Test Kitchen exemplifies the essence of Yankee frugality to a degree.

32 6,309
 10-12-2012, 01:25 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I used this one before I sold my Wee Scot, now I use it on my small Plisson. Works great and it is the first one you listed.

Wee Scot/Small Plisson stand

I don't know about being frugal, but I am hard headed. I hang all my brushes hair down.

173 23,546
 10-12-2012, 04:42 PM
User Info
I would highly recommend this stainless steel stand for 27.99 shipped.

The bigger side intended for the brush actually works well for the razor as well and the smaller side intended for the razor fits the Wee Scot very nicely.

[Image: img0285ik.jpg]

47 1,270
 10-12-2012, 07:13 PM
User Info
Excellent! I like it. I just wish the stand was a little shorter. Does the stem some in sections? If so, can a section be removed?

18 242
 10-12-2012, 07:37 PM
User Info
Why you need a stand ? Huh

Very small knot....

For a Simpson ?

My knot 21 mm 50 mm loft Simpson Emperor (21 year old) never used a stand !

Eelco

0 303
 10-12-2012, 07:50 PM
User Info
(10-12-2012, 07:13 PM)twallis Wrote: Excellent! I like it. I just wish the stand was a little shorter. Does the stem some in sections? If so, can a section be removed?

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, there is a base, rod, brush/razor hanging clip and then a nut on top. The seller, Howie, is easy to reach and provides excellent customer service in my experience.

47 1,270