10-11-2012, 07:02 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
Today was my birthday and I had planned on making a run to Atlanta Barber Supply to celebrate.However I had forgotten about the state of Georgia's wonderful vehicle tag regulations, renewal on your birthday(happy b-day,give us your money).So there went my funds for that excursion.Angry

Instead I checked the local beauty supply shops...pitiful. Between 3 shops there were 3 types of Pinaud,2 Black Magics,1 Jeri's and Osage rub.I ended up getting a bottle of Pinaud Bay Rum.I then went to the Dollar Tree and picked up a bottle of their house brand a/s .I chose the blue"fresh" scent.

When I got home I sampled both a/s's.The Bay Rum is okay,my home made Bay Rum smells close to this .In fact a little better I think.I may do a mix of the two.The "fresh" scent is misnamed as it pretty much smells like baby powder.IdeaI had an idea and did a mix of this scent and Lustray Blue Spice which has a powdery component,and splashed it on .About 4 hours later and it is still hanging around low key.A decent mix for those occasions where you wish to wear an unobtrusive scent.

A minor sucess for an overall disappointing day.

Oh well,there will be other days.

0 274
 10-12-2012, 07:19 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Happy belated birthday!

I can relate. There is nothing available close to me and I live and work in two different areas, both of which are NYC suburbs! I still require the net for anything that I really want.
At least they give us a few months before we have to pay up on our vehicles.Biggrin

I supposed that an A/S going on 4 hours is pretty good!

Here's hoping that the next trip out is more fruitful!

Eric

6 905
 10-12-2012, 07:35 AM
User Info
Happy late birthday! I hope you get to make the trip sometime soon.

183 12,002
 10-12-2012, 08:01 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Happy late birthday. List your birthday in your profile and next year we can all wish you happy birthday while you give your money away.

173 23,492
 10-12-2012, 09:48 AM
User Info
Happy belated Birthday!

75 20,883