10-12-2012, 02:37 PM
User Info
Hello guys this is a review for soaps that are tallow based with lanolin. First off I wanna say thank you to krissy for this product and discussing to me about her soaps and what makes them different from the soaps I "was" currently using at the time. I purchased lavendar and dragonsblood for a great price. It's hard to describe the smell of dragons blood but lavendar smells just like lavendar to me which I like the smells of both soaps. These soaps are hard and I debated if I just wanted to keep the soap in puck form. So I decided to use the double boiler method on the dragons blood and it took quite awhile of course I didn't wanna crack my soap bowl so after maybe 40 minutes with me checking on it every 10 minutes I was able to smash the soap or form it to the bowl with much success. After the soap sat in the bowl for a hr cooling off and hardening back up I soaked my 30mm brush and afterwards I squeezed out some water and started swirling and after about 30 seconds I applied the brush to my palm to produce lather and within seconds a explosion of lather started coming out and with alittle droplets of water it was amazing I almost never could get soap to do that. With this soap I was able to achieve great slick and awesome lather and talk about amazing for my face there has not been a single irration from my shaves since I've used krissys product and wow I really enjoyed her product and I'll probly buy more so if your starting out and you wanna try a great soap in my opinion just go to http://www.prairie-creations.com and order some especially if your wanting to try a homemade tallow and lanolin soap made from scratch.

12 568
 10-12-2012, 04:41 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Nice review, glad you found a soap that works well for you! You might want to edit the address in your post though, it points to a completely different website. Krissy's website has a hyphen between prairie and creations, like so http://www.prairie-creations.com

31 1,510
 10-12-2012, 04:55 PM
User Info
Krissy's soaps are among some of my favorites. She made me a simply lovely Lilac soap for me to use with one of my favorite aftershaves, Master Lilac Vegetol.

0 252
 10-12-2012, 05:22 PM
User Info
Thanks for telling me about the website I fixed the post and it is a awesome soap

12 568
 10-12-2012, 07:02 PM
User Info
Good review! I agree.

Krissie sent me a tallow Spiced Rum (made with Morgans) and it's just fantastic smelling and performing.

32 6,311
 10-15-2012, 03:32 AM
User Info
This brand offers some interesting stuff that I look forward to trying.

Regards,
Squire

0 500