10-14-2012, 04:05 PM
User Info
when I started wet shaving earlier this year, I ordered a blade sample pack. I've been trying out different blades in my Krona and my Super Speed. Yesterday, for the first time, I paired a Feather High Stainless Platinum Coated Blade with my Krona. Absolutely loved it! so much so, I used it again this morning (and I don't usually shave on Sundays unless I have a reason). I look forward to trying a feather blade with my super speed to see how that pairs.

i know people either seem to love or hate the feather blades, but has anyone here paired it with a Krona? If so, what did you think?

2 234
 10-14-2012, 04:27 PM
User Info
Congratulations on the great results.
i did not like the Feathers, at all.
Continued success.

74 20,808
 10-14-2012, 05:19 PM
User Info
One of the better combinations (YMMV factor aside) seems to be a very sharp blade in a mild razor. Glad you've found a good combo!

2 362
 10-17-2012, 03:02 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I have paired the Feather's with the Krona,, Super Speeds, a Tech and a Wilkinson Sticky. All supposedly mild razors and each combo provided a superb shave.

I am finding a new love for Feather's starting with the pairings in milder razors and progressing to more aggressive combos such as the DE89 and the Weber. I am still hesitant to push the envelope and try them in an R41 (2011) though many mention that an aggressive razor paired with a sharp blade like the Feather makes the experience a better one. Confused

I'm glad that you hit your razor/blade combo!

6 905
 10-17-2012, 07:58 AM
  • J_fro
  • From the 716!
User Info
Grats on finding your combo! I have a go to blade that does well in every razor I have tried it in, however I am compelled to try more and more!

12 648