10-17-2012, 07:59 AM
User Info
UPDATE: As of 10/25/12 4PM, all items SOLD! Mods, please archive!

Hi everyone -

Today I have four items for sale, three razors, and my Vie Long BSG2012 silvertip. I will ship these items free CONUS via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. If you are international, I will ship these for actual cost. Payment via Paypal. I am keeping all of these items at my office at work so I am ready to ship these out today.

(1) First up is a Fasan open-comb slant in bakelite. I picked this up from eBay and I probably paid too much for it.

It is in in good shape except for a very small crack near the thread on the handle. I decided not to fix it because (a) I would probably mess it up and (b) it barely registers and certainly doesn't affect its assembly or shave in anyway.

This is a very aggressive razor, combining the open comb with a slant. The flip side is that it is a very efficient razor. I thought I would not like the light weight, but I did.

However, its a little too aggressive for me, which is why I'm selling it. The box is still in tact, but has seen better days. Considering its scarcity and its reputation, I figure $45 would be an appropriate price. SOLD!

(2) Next is a German unknown slant razor in bakelite. These are one of the ones that Italian Barber "unearthed." Its actually a pretty mild slant, but a slant nonetheless.

Once again I thought I would have a hard time with its light weight, but it actually shaves nicely. I just don't need it.

It does not have a box. I got this in a trade, so I figure that $25 would be appropriate. SOLD! Thanks WegianWarrior and TSN!

(3) Third is a FaTip Grande in nickel. I'm sure everyone knows this razor's reputation. For the record, the only different I can detect between this razor's head and a Joris is the finish.

These have an industrial, Merkur-like finish, but a great razor. Its very aggressive and has done the job of a three-pass shave in two. Its just too much of a razor for me, which is why I'm selling it. I purchased it new back when Maguire's first got them, but they are more available now then when I got it. Considering they go now for around $35, I am selling mine for $30. SOLD!

(4) Finally, is the Vie Long BSG2012 Butterscotch Beehive in Silvertip. If you are interested, please look up some posts on this brush here. It is a great brush, and the silvertip compares with any other brush's.

The beehive shape is ergonomic and the size (25mm knot, 48mm loft) hits the "sweet spot" of luxury. I just happen to like my Semogue TSN LE more and this hasn't gotten a lot use recently (hence why the know looks askew - its just from storage).

These sell new at Bullgoose (and Bullgoose only) for $135. One big benefit of buying this one is that it is completely defunked (and holy moley did it come funky from the sterilization process). I am listing mine at $120, now $100 shipped.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please PM me. If you have any comments about my pricing, feel free to reply in this thread.

Thank you for looking,
Josh

72 1,407
 10-17-2012, 08:15 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
That Vie Long is a beauty

116 3,804
 10-17-2012, 08:27 PM
User Info
.....darn, and i just bought the vintage bakelite German slant from the Italian Barber....... timing is everything in this world....

39 1,054
 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM
  • VT_Hokie
  • 2-Band Bandito
  • Charleston, SC
User Info
Oh my...That Vie Long is stunning. If I had the money, I would be on that like white on rice. Is that an LE brush, or one that will be available for the foreseeable future?

13 599
 10-18-2012, 03:36 AM
User Info
(10-17-2012, 08:51 PM)VT_Hokie Wrote: Oh my...That Vie Long is stunning. If I had the money, I would be on that like white on rice. Is that an LE brush, or one that will be available for the foreseeable future?

I don't know if it is an "LE" per se but its branded as an "BSG2012" so it may end up being one. It's a great brush but I've committed to my Semogue LE and I have a similar shavemac with my initials on it (hence making it much less "sellable" than the Vie Long).

(10-17-2012, 08:27 PM)leonidas Wrote: .....darn, and i just bought the vintage bakelite German slant from the Italian Barber....... timing is everything in this world....

Yeah sorry about that.

72 1,407
 10-18-2012, 04:45 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
PM sent on the German bakelite slant.

173 23,538
 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM
User Info
Update: the "unknown" bakelite slant is SOLD! Thanks WegianWarrior and TSN!

72 1,407
 10-23-2012, 07:35 AM
User Info
Bakelite slant arrived today, and it's a thing of beauty!

3 3,577
 10-25-2012, 07:44 AM
User Info
PM sent on Fasan slant

0 1
 10-25-2012, 11:56 AM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
PM sent on Vie Long

53 555
 10-25-2012, 12:34 PM
User Info
All items now SOLD! Thank you buyers and thanks TSN! Mods, please archive.

72 1,407