10-17-2012, 07:10 PM
User Info
it seems quite easy and open to many problems with this feature.

I know i have started a thread and decided to get rid of it, by hitting the X on the initial thread. or perhaps have it only stay with that ability, until a post by someone else is made (not sure how the software for the forum works)

but now with sales and history etc, it would be nice to have ALL threads available.

if you need a thread deleted, contact a mod/admin and have them lock or delete it (as they see fit).

8 2,718
 10-17-2012, 07:12 PM
User Info
(10-17-2012, 07:10 PM)Bruce Wrote: it seems quite easy and open to many problems with this feature.

I know i have started a thread and decided to get rid of it, by hitting the X on the initial thread. or perhaps have it only stay with that ability, until a post by someone else is made (not sure how the software for the forum works)

but now with sales and history etc, it would be nice to have ALL threads available.

if you need a thread deleted, contact a mod/admin and have them lock or delete it (as they see fit).

I don't think we've had anyone deleting their b/s/t threads. they simply PM a mod and ask us to move them or they'll edit their thread title and say that the item(s) have been sold.

the suggestion, at least to me, seems like it'll add more moderation than what's needed.

40 5,830
 10-17-2012, 07:15 PM
User Info
(10-17-2012, 07:12 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 07:10 PM)Bruce Wrote: it seems quite easy and open to many problems with this feature.

I don't think we've had anyone deleting their b/s/t threads. they simple PM a mod and ask us to move them or they'll edit their thread title and say that the item(s) have been sold.

the suggestion, at least to me, seems like it'll add more moderation than what's needed.

it looks like some may have (heck, even i may have before knowing about the archiving). Undecided (i won't get into specifics in this thread)

heck, if this thread gets out of control and i don't like the way it's headed, i can simply DELETE it any time i want Dodgy

8 2,718
 10-17-2012, 07:20 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I deleted one of mine because it never sold or got any bites, I ended up selling it on eBay and didn't see any particular reason the thread should continue to exist.

31 1,510
 10-17-2012, 07:24 PM
User Info
(10-17-2012, 07:20 PM)Arcadies Wrote: I deleted one of mine because it never sold or got any bites, I ended up selling it on eBay and didn't see any particular reason the thread should continue to exist.

yup, i've done that too and see no issue with that.

i still think the ability to delete a thread at the click of a button, should be left for MODS.

8 2,718
 10-17-2012, 07:25 PM
User Info
(10-17-2012, 07:15 PM)Bruce Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 07:12 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:

I don't think we've had anyone deleting their b/s/t threads. they simple PM a mod and ask us to move them or they'll edit their thread title and say that the item(s) have been sold.

it looks like some may have (heck, even i may have before knowing about the archiving). Undecided (i won't get into specifics in this thread)

heck, if this thread gets out of control and i don't like the way it's headed, i can simply DELETE it any time i want Dodgy

you could, yes, but we have the ability to restore deleted threads if we feel it should stay in place.

Smile

40 5,830
 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM
User Info
(10-17-2012, 07:25 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 07:15 PM)Bruce Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 07:12 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: I don't think we've had anyone deleting their b/s/t threads. they simple PM a mod and ask us to move them or they'll edit their thread title and say that the item(s) have been sold.

you could, yes, but we have the ability to restore deleted threads if we feel it should stay in place.

Smile

ok, i'll delete this thread in 5 min, and would you please bring it back.

thanks...test begins in 4 minutes.

8 2,718
 10-17-2012, 08:09 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(10-17-2012, 07:26 PM)Bruce Wrote: ok, i'll delete this thread in 5 min, and would you please bring it back.

Did you doubt us Bruce? Biggrin

45 16,280
 10-17-2012, 08:24 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I don't care either way but too many rules are NOT good. Why have that rule Bruce?

88 4,233
 10-17-2012, 08:40 PM
User Info
(10-17-2012, 07:26 PM)Bruce Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 07:25 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 07:15 PM)Bruce Wrote: it looks like some may have (heck, even i may have before knowing about the archiving). Undecided (i won't get into specifics in this thread)

Smile

ok, i'll delete this thread in 5 min, and would you please bring it back.

it gets sent to a section that only admins can see so it'll only take a minute to restore it. Tongue

(10-17-2012, 08:24 PM)beartrap Wrote: I don't care either way but too many rules are NOT good. Why have that rule Bruce?

yeah, I'm not entirely sure why either. I can think of a few reasons when it would be useful to have it. for example, if someone started a thread and they didn't like the outcome after posting it, they wanted to delete it before anyone saw it. that's A LOT easier and faster than messaging a mod/admin and hoping that they're on and can get to it quickly.

40 5,830
 10-18-2012, 06:27 PM
User Info
(10-17-2012, 08:09 PM)bullgoose Wrote: Did you doubt us Bruce? Biggrin

Nope, not at all. Just wanted to see how it came back, if it said anything etc.

(10-17-2012, 08:24 PM)beartrap Wrote: I don't care either way but too many rules are NOT good. Why have that rule Bruce?

it was been brought to my attention by a user (not sure he wants to get the mods involved) that something was purchased, not as described and now the original sale thread has been removed, not archived (most likely by the OP of that thread).

i see it was a safety net, kind of like not being able to edit original posts, months after to change prices, descriptions or was said.

things can look very differently if you let the thread play out and then change a few words in a prior post. heck, i've quoted people and/or had them quote me and then noticed what was quoted had been modified.

i see there being way more room for problems, then benefits. but do what you like, i still see it being an issue. agree with me or not, it's my opinion and I stand by it.

8 2,718
 10-18-2012, 06:45 PM
User Info
(10-18-2012, 06:27 PM)Bruce Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 08:09 PM)bullgoose Wrote: Did you doubt us Bruce? Biggrin

Nope, not at all. Just wanted to see how it came back, if it said anything etc.

it was been brought to my attention by a user (not sure he wants to get the mods involved) that something was purchased, not as described and now the original sale thread has been removed, not archived (most likely by the OP of that thread).

i see it was a safety net, kind of like not being able to edit original posts, months after to change prices, descriptions or was said.

things can look very differently if you let the thread play out and then change a few words in a prior post. heck, i've quoted people and/or had them quote me and then noticed what was quoted had been modified.

i see there being way more room for problems, then benefits. but do what you like, i still see it being an issue. agree with me or not, it's my opinion and I stand by it.

tell that person to PM me with the product he purchased and I'll look for the b/s/t thread in the admin archive.

40 5,830
 11-20-2012, 08:42 PM
User Info
I agree with Bruce. The ability to delete any post could leave someone in the cold so to speak. I replied to a post where the person linked the wrong product the thread was about, I linked the correct item with out quoting them. When I went back they gentlemen that had posted the incorrect info had deleted his info. So I looked like I was posting to the wind.

There is no way for me to post without playing defensive, always being on guard as to how I handle a conversation if people can delete all trace of their being there, archived or not. I am the thought that no threads shou for my use on someonld be removed from BST.

Of coarse this is a free forum, provide for my enjoyment, but I must say I was wondering what the heck happened to the post I was speaking of that was posted, in which mine was right after. I went back to check for the info i was looking forBlank and in turn deleted mine since I looked like I had lost my mind, which is true also.

I do realize right now there is probably very few spending a lot of there free time taking care of many needs of the forum CHEERS to all of these members who are working to bring us a nice new forum,now you guys get back to work.While I look at those LE brush pictures some more.

Cheers Ron

11 235
 11-20-2012, 08:55 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Oh, see what you've started Bruce? Biggrin

Ron, I understand what you are saying, it can be frustrating and sometimes it makes you look like an idiot BUT do you really need someone policing every thread? We are all adult here, we can handle it. In you situation, a simple explanation after the link would take care of it Wink

88 4,233
 11-20-2012, 09:00 PM
User Info
(11-20-2012, 08:55 PM)beartrap Wrote: Oh, see what you've started Bruce? Biggrin

Ron, I understand what you are saying, it can be frustrating and sometimes it makes you look like an idiot BUT do you really need someone policing every thread? We are all adult here, we can handle it. In you situation, a simple explanation after the link would take care of it Wink

I didn't start anything, it was just my opinion and suggestion.

maybe I should delete or change my original post, so no one knows what the subject was Tongue

8 2,718
 11-20-2012, 09:10 PM
User Info
(11-20-2012, 08:42 PM)Sevenbark Wrote: I agree with Bruce. The ability to delete any post could leave someone in the cold so to speak. I replied to a post where the person linked the wrong product the thread was about, I linked the correct item with out quoting them. When I went back they gentlemen that had posted the incorrect info had deleted his info. So I looked like I was posting to the wind.

There is no way for me to post without playing defensive, always being on guard as to how I handle a conversation if people can delete all trace of their being there, archived or not. I am the thought that no threads shou for my use on someonld be removed from BST.

Of coarse this is a free forum, provide for my enjoyment, but I must say I was wondering what the heck happened to the post I was speaking of that was posted, in which mine was right after. I went back to check for the info i was looking forBlank and in turn deleted mine since I looked like I had lost my mind, which is true also.

I do realize right now there is probably very few spending a lot of there free time taking care of many needs of the forum CHEERS to all of these members who are working to bring us a nice new forum,now you guys get back to work.While I look at those LE brush pictures some more.

Cheers Ron

That's why you quote them. Besides, it also helps subsequent readers know what you're talking about.

(11-20-2012, 09:00 PM)Bruce Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 08:55 PM)beartrap Wrote: Oh, see what you've started Bruce? Biggrin

I didn't start anything, it was just my opinion and suggestion.

maybe I should delete or change my original post, so no one knows what the subject was Tongue

What exactly would happen if you did that? Would the entire thread disappear?

9 2,988
 11-20-2012, 09:12 PM
User Info
(11-20-2012, 09:10 PM)asharperrazor Wrote: What exactly would happen if you did that? Would the entire thread disappear?

yes. i can make the thread disappear (mods have ability to bring it back if they really wanted to)

or I can modify my original post to say "I like chicken" and then all the following posts will be out of context Tongue

8 2,718
 11-20-2012, 09:14 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
We've tried that! But our super mods have super powers and everything deleted re-appears at one wave of their magic brush Biggrin

EDIT: Bruce beat me to it Blush

88 4,233
 11-20-2012, 09:17 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(11-20-2012, 09:12 PM)Bruce Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 09:10 PM)asharperrazor Wrote: What exactly would happen if you did that? Would the entire thread disappear?

yes. i can make the thread disappear (mods have ability to bring it back if they really wanted to)

or I can modify my original post to say "I like chicken" and then all the following posts will be out of context Tongue

That might make a good custom user title. Biggrin

45 16,280
 11-20-2012, 09:30 PM
User Info
(11-20-2012, 09:14 PM)beartrap Wrote: We've tried that! But our super mods have super powers and everything deleted re-appears at one wave of their magic brush Biggrin

EDIT: Bruce beat me to it Blush

actually, only admins have the ability since super mods cannot see deleted threads/posts. Biggrin

40 5,830