10-18-2012, 07:28 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Just received my Omega 10066 Boar brush from Bullgoose today. I let it rest in the bottom of my shower before use to let it soak up some H2O. Used C.O.Bigelow cream and this brush worked like a charm... It has a little higher loft than any of my other brushes and it was quite soft with just enough backbone.. Enough lather for a hot towel & lather pre shave and 3 passes with some lather to spare...Gotta say at $12 it's one hell of a nice brush.... Plus I'm Italian and so is my brush...BODDA BING...lol I recommend it to everyone especially my NOOB classmates. Can't wait till it comes back up in the rotation to try it on a soap...
[Image: 2uze0lu.jpg]

5 1,151
 10-18-2012, 07:31 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
My friend , that Omega boar brush is very good indeed.The handle is ok , nothing special to report , but the boar hair gets softer with use and the backbone/flow is nice.
For its price , truly an excellent brush.I can get those brushes locally back in Spain and I bought one back in 2009 , with a red handle.I was very pleased with it.

86 7,123
 10-18-2012, 08:13 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I have a 10066 that I bought about a year ago for $8, it used to be one of my favorite brushes but has since been left abandoned in the back of the closet...one of these days I need to bring it out of retirement.

31 1,510
 10-18-2012, 08:40 PM
User Info
Unless my eyes deceive me the handle alone is worth the purchase price. I have no idea how Omega does it! Incredible!

32 6,308
 10-18-2012, 08:59 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(10-18-2012, 08:40 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Unless my eyes deceive me the handle alone is worth the purchase price. I have no idea how Omega does it! Incredible!

Maybe they're deceiving you ! Its pure plastic , my friend , nothing special to report about it but nice color and shape.Very light for my taste and kind of "cheap".But the brush is only 5 euros in Spain , so Im sure I cant ask for more.
The boar hair , in the other hand , is very nice indeed and put to shame so many black and grey badger brushes (pure badger).

86 7,123
 10-19-2012, 05:57 AM
User Info
There's a lot of talk about well deserved talk about Semogue boar brushes. However, the Omega's are fine Yeoman brushes that become wonderful as the bristles break in.

I use the Omega Pro 49 (same bristle, larger knot) both for bowl lathering and even to face lather. It's soft tips are excellent.

3 452
 10-19-2012, 09:39 AM
User Info
I have a 10066 which I periodically work into my rotation of badger brushes. It's also my travel brush, along with the Omega Mighty Midget in all boar. It may deserve the prize as the best inexpensive boar brush out there. It will improve with time. You'll get the backbone but as the tips split it will get softer. An excellent choice, and not just for a newbie.

37 2,942
 10-19-2012, 02:02 PM
User Info
Great to hear and continued success!

75 20,883