10-19-2012, 01:21 PM
User Info
I like TTO razors but have limited myself to vintage models due to issues with the quality of modern ones. However, from what I read the Cadet TTO's sound appealing. My question is whether the entire razor (including the head) is brass, or just the handle?

37 2,960
 10-19-2012, 02:04 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
(10-19-2012, 01:21 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I like TTO razors but have limited myself to vintage models due to issues with the quality of modern ones. However, from what I read the Cadet TTO's sound appealing. My question is whether the entire razor (including the head) is brass, or just the handle?

I've been curious about this myself, the way the descriptions read it is only the handle that is brass. I'm sure someone in the know will chime in shortly.

31 1,510
 10-19-2012, 02:08 PM
User Info
Well, from the information from their website, it states that it is solid brass frame with chrome finish.

75 20,883
 10-19-2012, 02:49 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Whether it is brass or mystery metal you will be SO happy with the SHAVE that for the price buy 2 or 3 and keep them as back -ups.The razors ARE more aggressive than say "the Red Tip' but in honesty the shave is excellent and they probably out shave everything except for MAYBE a Progress. As a collector I usually get all the newest products and I am amazed at the shave/cost factor.I think this razor might start a new buying frenzy. I have the TTO-11 and TTO-15...(same razor different detail on handle). I even have pre-ordered the "above the tie" but it will have to be pretty damn good to out-do this razor.Again forgetting about the molecular structure of the metal...etc...concentrate on the shave and nothing else will matter.Smile

6 1,913
 10-19-2012, 05:13 PM
User Info
I"m a fan of the Cadet TP-26 open comb and will probably try other Cadet razors but found the language of "brass frame" on Shave-a-bucks site to be a bit confusing. The handle certainly has the look of being machined where the base plate and cap look cast. I imagine that cast parts are something other than brass.

I recall a recent post on another forum that indicated that the Cadet TTO's are all brass, where the three piece razors had zinc heads. In any event, the TP-26 is a great razor.

On the other hand unless you get into the higher priced custom stainless razors Joe gives more information about razor construction that the larger manufacturers give.

3 452