10-20-2012, 01:49 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I traded for a Cadet Mongoose after hearing all the positive reviews of the razor. I shaved with it today for the first time and I was VERY impressed. First let me say that for a $25 razor this thing is made very well and it looks awesome. The handle has an interesting checked pattern on it that adds a touch of class. Typically I enjoy a mild razor so I was a little concerned going in after hearing that it's an aggressive razor. I decided to wait until I had a 2 day growth for this reason. I loaded a Gillette 7' O Clock black and I noticed that it does have a large blade gap. During my shave I noticed that the razor is very aggressive but it's also very efficient. I was careful and just let the razor do the work. I was rewarded with a fantastic BBS shave with zero irritation. One of the best shaves I've had in a very long time. I think I'm going to make this razor my designated 2 day growth razor. I'm going to experiment but I think it might be a little to aggressive for me to use day after day. All in all I am very impressed with the quality of the product and the shave it gives. If any of you are in the market for a more aggressive and efficient razor I would suggest jumping on this one!

45 3,955
 10-20-2012, 02:03 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Travis, thank you for a great review. This particular razor is becoming more interesting to me after each review I read.

1 3,507
 10-20-2012, 02:21 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Thanks Howler, for the price point you just can't go wrong.

45 3,955
 10-20-2012, 04:01 PM
User Info
Travis, thanks for the review and enjoy the razor!

75 20,883