10-22-2012, 02:22 PM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Hello. I have a few razors and a Semogue brush for sale. I also have one VDH soap puck I used once. I will include the soap for free for the first buyer who asks for it. Prices are exclusive of shipping. I will ship using whatever method the buyer requests as long as it includes a tracking number. Buyer to pay for shipping. I think I am asking reasonable prices, but if I am off, let me know.

First, the Cadet TTO-15 razor. I just bought this one and shaved with it exactly once. It has been cleaned and packed back into its original package. Absolutely no issues. It is exactly the same as when I unpacked it. Great shaver, but I prefer my Progress. Asking $20 plus shipping.SOLD

[attachment=7438]

[attachment=7439]

[attachment=7440]

[attachment=7441]

[attachment=7442]

[attachment=7443]

Next is Gillette New Long Comb in a red case. This one is user grade, but shaves great. The cracks in the handle are all stabilized by me with epoxy. The handle is 100% stable and will not come apart. Asking $15 plus shipping.

[attachment=7444]

[attachment=7445]

[attachment=7446]

[attachment=7449]

[attachment=7448]

Next is Gillette New Short Comb in a Red and Black Case. This one is in great user condition. No cracks in the handle. Case is in really good shape. Pack of Shark blades is included. Asking $20 plush shipping. - SOLD

[attachment=7450]

[attachment=7451]

[attachment=7452]

[attachment=7453]

[attachment=7454]

[attachment=7455]

[attachment=7456]

More to come in a little while...

Next is Gillette Old Type. This one is in great shape. Looks like it had little to no use. Handle is cracked and was in three pieces. I filled the hollow tube with epoxy and re-attached the two ends. This handle is super sturdy and stable, but the cracks are visible. Asking $10.

[attachment=7459]

[attachment=7460]

[attachment=7461]

[attachment=7462]

Next is Gillette Gold Tech with Travel Handle. This one is in great shape. There is a tiny nick on the head. Asking $10 plus shipping. - SOLD

[attachment=7463]

[attachment=7464]

[attachment=7465]

[attachment=7466]

[attachment=7467]

Last, but not least is a Semogue 1470 boar brush. I have broken it in and it is a great brush, but I got too many. Asking $10 plus shipping.

[attachment=7468]

[attachment=7469]

[attachment=7470]

25 1,705
 10-25-2012, 08:06 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Cadet, New SC sold. Travel Tech is pending. Others still available including soap.

25 1,705
 10-25-2012, 07:40 PM
User Info
I almost dropped the hammer on the Old. But I already have enough of them.

I actually like the handle treatment. Stable because of the epoxy, yet shows it's history Thumbsup . I have a 3 piece handle that I intend to restore exactly the same way after you blazed the trail.

GLWTS

32 6,309
 10-26-2012, 07:48 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
(10-25-2012, 07:40 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: I almost dropped the hammer on the Old. But I already have enough of them.

I actually like the handle treatment. Stable because of the epoxy, yet shows it's history Thumbsup . I have a 3 piece handle that I intend to restore exactly the same way after you blazed the trail.

GLWTS

Brian, definitely restore the three piece handle. The way I did it was first epoxy in the ball end and let it cure. Then mix up enough epoxy to fill the tube and fill it with the ball end already set in place. This makes it easier to actually fill the tube. I used a length of wire to get the epoxy into the tube and work the air bubbles out. When you get to the level where the top part would rest stop filling and insert the top part. If some epoxy spills over the level is too high, but you are ok. Just have a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol ready for cleanup of uncured epoxy. If the level is not too high, then remove the top part and add a little epoxy to the tube as well as the perimeter of the top piece that fits into the tube. Then just insert the top piece, clean up the squeeze out and clamp the tube such that the major crack is closed as much as possible. Mine was very long, so I really wanted to close it as much as possible. Some epoxy came out of the crack, which I liked since that told me the crack was filled with epoxy. After I clamped the handle to cure I cleaned up the squeeze out with alcohol drenched cotton ball and let it be for 24 hours. I used 5 minute epoxy, so the handle heated up pretty good in the first few minutes. The top threaded piece is drilled all the way through, so I like to see the epoxy fill some of it. As originally assembled the hole in the top piece allowed water to go right into the hollow of the handle. Silly, if you ask me. Anyway, the repair is relatively simple and straight forward. The results are very good and I doubt this repair will fail any time soon.

Best of luck!

25 1,705
 10-28-2012, 12:40 PM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Gillette Travel Tech is sold.

Gillette New LC, Gillette Old, Semogue 1470 and the VDH soap are still available.

25 1,705
 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Bump. Still have Gillette New Long Comb in case, Gillette Old type in great shape and Semogue 1470 boar brush broken in and waiting for some love.

25 1,705
 11-17-2012, 07:04 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Gillette Old and Semogue 1470 Brush are still available. Take both for $20 shipped.

25 1,705