10-22-2012, 03:08 PM
  • J_fro
  • From the 716!
User Info
Hokay,

Blah blah blah, read about my day in the complaint department. Short story- I am having first world problems.

I was on a two week SE streak with a Injector I was PIF'd and with today's shave returned to DE. I chose my favorite blade to welcome me back and threw it in a 34c for a nice shave that was also mild.

Well boys and girls to remind me that the day did not START OFF cruddy I am giving away 3 individual Polsilver SI blades. Worldwide. They will be taped to a post card in an envelope. (These are for usin' not for collectin' - or am I the only one who saves one wrapped blade from all the types I have used)

To enter simply type "Cheer up buttercup, gimme some blades"
Winner drawn next Monday by some random manner.

And who knows what else I will throw in. It may be three blades taped to a card in a padded envelope with a billion dollar bill enclosed. Or some soap samples. Or a few more blades.

12 648
 10-22-2012, 03:26 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Cheer UP BUTTERCUP... Send me some BLADES !!!! That's fuunie...

5 1,151
 10-22-2012, 03:32 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I like your style J_fro.Biggrin

I am not entering the sweepstakes.

173 23,553
 10-22-2012, 03:47 PM
  • J_fro
  • From the 716!
User Info
(10-22-2012, 03:26 PM)savagejoerude Wrote: Cheer UP BUTTERCUP... Send me some BLADES !!!! That's fuunie...

Looks like you are fairly new to wetshaving. PM me your address and you get some blades and whatnot. I have a fondness for NOLA and the area. I did recovery work in St. Bernard Parish post Katrina. The people there treated me well and I ate like a king. I may be the only man in Western NY / Southern Ontario to know what a nutria is.

The regular PIF goes on.

12 648
 10-22-2012, 03:50 PM
User Info
Cheer up buttercup, gimme some blades!
I'm still trying to find the right blade for me, these would be great Smile

I think George Costanza's furry hat was made from nutria.

10 2,062
 10-22-2012, 04:02 PM
User Info

Turtleman sure had fun catching nutria.

2 396
 10-22-2012, 06:12 PM
  • RedRocks
  • Four-Corners, USA
User Info
Not in Buttercup. But I like how you think!

~Frank

18 271
 10-22-2012, 08:21 PM
User Info
Justin, great idea for a PIF.
i am NOT in, but good luck.

75 20,883
 10-22-2012, 09:41 PM
  • Johan
  • Barberian of the lathering
  • Sweden
User Info

Sure, i would love to try those blades. :-)

0 284
 10-22-2012, 11:47 PM
  • Exapno
  • Northampton, England
User Info
Cheer up buttercup, gimme some blades.

Or, as we say over here, chin up old boy. Would love to try the Polsilver SI's, very generous offer.

0 132
 10-23-2012, 01:53 AM
  • DoubleB
  • Zeeland, The Netherlands
User Info

Great PIF! I really would like to try these blades. I haven't yet and I cannot seem to find them around this area.

5 447
 10-23-2012, 02:24 AM
  • JayPo007
  • Still making fire
  • Pottstown, PA- USA
User Info
Cheer up butter cup and give me some blades!

I hope you have better luck the rest of the week. I have wanted to try these blades for a while now. Thank you for this great PIF.

1 129
 10-23-2012, 09:28 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Cheer-up butter cup but do not send me the blades. Because I received some from you recently.

I do hope sunshine comes into your world.

1 3,507
 10-23-2012, 07:59 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
(10-22-2012, 03:47 PM)J_fro Wrote:
(10-22-2012, 03:26 PM)savagejoerude Wrote: Cheer UP BUTTERCUP... Send me some BLADES !!!! That's fuunie...

Looks like you are fairly new to wetshaving. PM me your address and you get some blades and whatnot. I have a fondness for NOLA and the area. I did recovery work in St. Bernard Parish post Katrina. The people there treated me well and I ate like a king. I may be the only man in Western NY / Southern Ontario to know what a nutria is.

The regular PIF goes on.
Thank You SIR! A VERY BIG THANKS for your help after Katrina. You should try and come back down now that most everything is back up and running.. A sense of humor and good nature like yours fits right in down here. Did the Chalmetians cook you up any nutria? lol Knarley lookin' creatures.. It is actually a delicacy in Cali... Or so I've been told... Thanks again!!!

5 1,151
 10-24-2012, 06:44 AM
  • J_fro
  • From the 716!
User Info
(10-23-2012, 07:59 PM)savagejoerude Wrote:
(10-22-2012, 03:47 PM)J_fro Wrote:

The regular PIF goes on.
Thank You SIR! A VERY BIG THANKS for your help after Katrina. You should try and come back down now that most everything is back up and running.. A sense of humor and good nature like yours fits right in down here. Did the Chalmetians cook you up any nutria? lol Knarley lookin' creatures.. It is actually a delicacy in Cali... Or so I've been told... Thanks again!!!

Nah, didn't get any cooked nutria. I did have to take one out at close range with extreme prejudice though. I ate all around the parish and in the city itself. Mom n pop places exclusively. I ate a lot of po boys and even more seafood plates.

12 648
 10-25-2012, 04:09 PM
  • J_fro
  • From the 716!
User Info
The PIF is stilllllll open.

12 648
 10-25-2012, 04:12 PM
  • JayPo007
  • Still making fire
  • Pottstown, PA- USA
User Info
(10-25-2012, 04:09 PM)J_fro Wrote: The PIF is stilllllll open.

But are you still cranky? Hope things take a turn for the better!

1 129
 10-25-2012, 04:39 PM
  • J_fro
  • From the 716!
User Info
Oh, no I have not been cranky for days. I was just having a #whitewhine moment.

Here's the thing. In my former life I saw people who had REAL problems. Seeing a REAL starving kid- in the USA, seeing neglected elderly people who lost their grip on reality, seeing families who lost everything, seeing lots more - seeing all these things gave me the best perspective in my life. I have had my share of setbacks, but I am blessed.

12 648
 10-25-2012, 05:35 PM
  • JayPo007
  • Still making fire
  • Pottstown, PA- USA
User Info
(10-25-2012, 04:39 PM)J_fro Wrote: Oh, no I have not been cranky for days. I was just having a #whitewhine moment.

Here's the thing. In my former life I saw people who had REAL problems. Seeing a REAL starving kid- in the USA, seeing neglected elderly people who lost their grip on reality, seeing families who lost everything, seeing lots more - seeing all these things gave me the best perspective in my life. I have had my share of setbacks, but I am blessed.

I can actually relate. This summer my mom lost her battle with MS, two month's later my dad's house burned to the ground, and now dad's short term memory is playing hide and seek with us. Makes my most horrible work situations seem tame. It gives me an extra appreciation to come home and be able to spend time with my sons for sure.

1 129
 10-25-2012, 06:41 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
(10-25-2012, 05:35 PM)JayPo007 Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 04:39 PM)J_fro Wrote: Oh, no I have not been cranky for days. I was just having a #whitewhine moment.

I can actually relate. This summer my mom lost her battle with MS, two month's later my dad's house burned to the ground, and now dad's short term memory is playing hide and seek with us. Makes my most horrible work situations seem tame. It gives me an extra appreciation to come home and be able to spend time with my sons for sure.

Gotta say it happens every day. Life throws things at you and it seems things will never get better. I've got transmission problems on my work van. My air conditioner on the house has been down for 3 days. Just got it up today at a sweet $2,000.00. Next week house note due, storage due, cable, lights, insurance. etc., etc., etc,... Man things never let up. Just last week a very close friend committed suicide... Then I look around and see that some folks have it a lot worse than I...Then I realize just how blessed I truly am....I have a beautiful wife, kids, home. I have music, a few nice bass guitars and a cool new wet shave lifestyle... Plus I'm gettin' some blades from J-fro... LIFE IS GOOD !!!!

5 1,151