10-23-2012, 07:35 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
A few weeks ago a buddy gave me this tub of Fitjar soap cream. He said he had tried it but the scent was horrible. I would say that the cream its self is very good it lathers up quite nicely and its pretty slick. The thing that messes it up for me is the "Sandalwood" scent they used. Its very strong and pungent. It does seem to work very well, I get no irritation and leaves my skin well hydrated. Anyone else try this cream?

BTW, I think it lathers similarly to Acca Kappa Cream. I would say Acca MUCH better though.

[Image: fitjar.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 265
 10-28-2012, 10:41 AM
User Info
I've not tried the cream, but have tried the soap. The soap, which is triple milled and has tallow, is first class.

15 316
 10-30-2012, 06:30 PM
User Info
What does triple milled actually indicate? Hardness?

2 127
 10-30-2012, 06:43 PM
User Info
(10-30-2012, 06:30 PM)HiFromAfghanist Wrote: What does triple milled actually indicate? Hardness?

My understanding is that triple milled is a manufacturing process by which the various ingredients are mixed into a homogeneous brew, and then run through milling machines to remove all the water possible. You end up with a harder soap with less water in it. So although the soap costs more, it is more concentrated and you are not paying for water.

That is my take on it. I hope that one of our more informed members will chime in with his greater scope of knowledge. Perhaps we will hear from Teiste. Stay tuned.

15 316
 10-30-2012, 07:25 PM
User Info
Milling is basically the process of mixing all the ingredients together and then running them through a press. There are several types of presses, hot, cold (actually meaning unheated) and french which alternates hot and cold presses. Cold presses will provide the softest type of hard soap (NOT a cream soap, that is entirely different). The French method will produce the hardest of the three.

Triple milling literally means repeating the same process two more times. This will produce a harder and denser soap requiring less soap per use. MdC is a triple milled soap using the French process and lasts a very long time.

129 6,685
 10-31-2012, 04:04 AM
User Info
I used their cream in a tube and recall it was a good performer. Not sure where I got it from. It was a light green tube.

6 323