10-24-2012, 04:47 AM
User Info
This razor, the L6, has been mentioned quite often on the boards.

I'm in a buying mood which has me looking up and researching different DEs.

To those in the know: Is the L6 razor the same as the "Lord Tech," which came in both long and short-handled models, was about half the weight of a Gillette Ball-End, looked like the L6 & came in a blister pack?

I had such a Lord Tech, procured in the Gold Souk in Dubai 4 years ago.

I found the 3-piece to be quite good; I'd purchased it for 50 cents or so, while Gio of Razor & Brush, the only online supplier of the razor of which I was aware, sold them for ~10 bones.

If I'd kept it, I'd weigh it, but I gave it to a bouncer at a club I was frequenting at the time to thank him for always taking care of me at the door. Like I said, it's about half the weight of a robust razor, is made of a metal that looks cheap, and handles like an ordinary Tech...

Here is its picture: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-96829732451...9_36737997

0 257
 10-24-2012, 04:58 AM
  • Johan
  • Barberian of the lathering
  • Sweden
User Info
As far as i know L6 is the name of both the "Lord Tech" but also the "Lord Merkur". I have only experience of the later and its a fantastic razor for the money. Mild and gentle but still able to give a good shave. Perfect for the new shaver to learn on. Not like the chinese Weishi imo since its so mild it cant cut anything at all.

Maybe when we post about the L6, we should mention the kind of head to avoid confusion.

Edit. Picture i borrowed from someones blog.
[Image: ZY62a.jpg]

0 284
 10-24-2012, 05:18 AM
User Info
That's Merkur-headed.

Mine was a Tech.

I own the Lord Smart, which has a Merkur-like head on a dark long thin plastic ridged handle.

For the money, the best Tech to buy at the time was the Feather Portable: modern, 6 dollars & nearly as hefty as a Gillette. It even came with a travel case.

The Feather Popular, on the other hand, is/was a lightweight plastic TTO, which shaved well enough but was flimsy.

0 257
 10-24-2012, 07:01 AM
  • Theido
  • Shave Stick Proponent
  • Colorado
User Info
I got a Lord-Merkur head as a stocking stuffer last Christmas. I still haven't used it, it sits with about 4 other razors that I have never tried.

1 111
 10-24-2012, 10:26 AM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
The "Lord Tech" is also called the L5. I have one and it's not bad.
The L6 is the Merkur-like head.

+1 on the Feather Portable by the way! Smile
I'm glad I got mine before the supply of new ones dried up.

0 911
 10-24-2012, 02:52 PM
User Info
Nice info, bjorney.

(10-24-2012, 10:26 AM)bjorney Wrote: The "Lord Tech" is also called the L5. I have one and it's not bad.
The L6 is the Merkur-like head.

+1 on the Feather Portable by the way! Smile
I'm glad I got mine before the supply of new ones dried up.

0 257
 10-24-2012, 03:41 PM
  • madmedic
  • Resistance is Futile
  • Brecon UK
User Info
I have both the L5 (Tech) and the L6 The L5 is good, but the L6 is almost exceptional. Definitely one of the best value razors around. I used to team mine up with an Ikon Bulldog handle.

1 561