10-24-2012, 09:03 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
This is not a review really, I just got a tub to see what the hype was about, sniff test failed as soon as I opened it Sad
It is described as lavender, peppermint, rosemary and all I could smell are mint and dirt. Was going to put it on BST without even trying it, but I am glad I suffered through that smell and had a very nice shave this morning. This cream is excellent! Slick, protective, skin care is top notch.
They have 2 other varieties available and since I don't believe those descriptions anymore, can anyone tell me what they are like?

88 4,233
 10-24-2012, 09:27 AM
User Info
(10-24-2012, 09:03 AM)beartrap Wrote: This is not a review really, I just got a tub to see what the hype was about, sniff test failed as soon as I opened it Sad
It is described as lavender, peppermint, rosemary and all I could smell are mint and dirt. Was going to put it on BST without even trying it, but I am glad I suffered through that smell and had a very nice shave this morning. This cream is excellent! Slick, protective, skin care is top notch.
They have 2 other varieties available and since I don't believe those descriptions anymore, can anyone tell me what they are like?

I think the replenishing smells like cucumbers. Great performance, but that scent was tough to get past.

0 836
 10-24-2012, 11:42 AM
  • Exapno
  • Northampton, England
User Info
The replenishing cream does indeed smell like cucumbers, albeit faintly. Certainly not as strong a scent as the Signature cream. The performance is at least on a par with the Signature cream, the skin care is excellent. I can't comment on the Blossomwood cream having never tried it.

0 132
 10-24-2012, 04:50 PM
User Info
I tried the Blossomwood scent and it has a floral scent, almost sweet smelling, that was not for me. But you might like it! All Nancy Boy creams perform very well.

I love the Signature scent. Glad you gave it a go.

6 230
 10-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Steve , I tried the same cream you did , and I found the scent terrible and my shaves with it even worst.Interesting you enjoyed a great shave today with it.
Honestly , I totally trust you did , and in other circumstances Ill give that cream another go , but with that scent , no way!

86 7,124
 10-24-2012, 09:52 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Yeah, just opened it again to smell, almost puked Biggrin
The other 2 scent don't even want to try. BST it is.

88 4,233
 10-25-2012, 11:04 AM
  • steve g
  • Northern California
User Info
(10-24-2012, 09:52 PM)beartrap Wrote: Yeah, just opened it again to smell, almost puked Biggrin

Funny I actually like the smell of Signature quite a bit, but there are other soaps and creams that turn my stomach, scents that other folks love. The human brain and how it takes on and interprets smells is rather amazing.

3 68
 10-28-2012, 02:30 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I like it too. Just used it this AM and I find it to be a great cream and a very consistent performer. It's really difficult to make a bad lather with this one.
I like the Signature scent so much that I ended up getting some of the bath soap and the body spray. Biggrin

The problem though is that the supposed shelf life is 6 months,(though that according to the company) after the loss of parabens. If that is the case, the tub is too big of you rotate a lot of creams/soaps like I do so the recommendation is to get their travel sized 2oz tubs. Easier to try all of the scents that way too.
Eric

(10-25-2012, 11:04 AM)steve g Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 09:52 PM)beartrap Wrote: Yeah, just opened it again to smell, almost puked Biggrin

Funny I actually like the smell of Signature quite a bit, but there are other soaps and creams that turn my stomach, scents that other folks love. The human brain and how it takes on and interprets smells is rather amazing.

6 905
 11-25-2012, 03:09 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info

Was is that bad?

3 2,563
 11-25-2012, 03:11 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(11-25-2012, 03:09 PM)JAYDEE Wrote:

Was is that bad?

It was to me Jeff, something very artificial and medicinal, made me sick Biggrin

88 4,233
 11-26-2012, 09:26 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(11-26-2012, 09:04 AM)jmsodpc Wrote: Want to trade your tub of nancyboy to me?

I can send castle Forbes cedar sandlewood
Tub is 80% filled.

It's been traded the day this thread was started Smile

88 4,233