10-25-2012, 01:00 AM
User Info
Hello Gentlemen,

This is a shaving cream I've bought from Berlin and I didn't read on the forum about it.

Gentlemens tonic is a London based establishment. As far as I know, this is their only shaving cream offering.

The presentation is minimalistic and quality.

[Image: i6ypog.jpg]

It has a very clean and refined scent of bergamot, I just can't get enough of smelling it. It is a soft cream like TOBS' creams.

[Image: b7l2di.jpg]

It lathers very easily with a small dab of product:

[Image: w9d5dc.jpg]

The lather produced is more than enough for a 3-4 pass shave. It is creamy, slick and keeps the face moist. Skin care properties is high level with this cream.

[Image: jjmrnl.jpg]

It is a paraben free - natural ingredients product according to the site (http://www.gentlemenstonic.com/products/...Cream.html). It contains babassu oil for moisturizing and manuka honey for tissue repair and nourishment of the skin. I have never heard of those two ingredients before but they seem to work pretty good.

This cream has become one of my favourites and is as perfect as a cream gets, in my opinion. I recommend it strongly, even it is on the pricey side.

4 365
 10-25-2012, 02:19 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Burak, thanks for the review.

173 23,553
 10-25-2012, 03:09 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Fantastic review, Burak - thanks! Smile

3 2,562
 10-25-2012, 03:11 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Good review, thanks!

88 4,233
 10-25-2012, 03:33 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Nice , my friend.I never heard of this cream , either the company.

What it puzzles me , that no word in all the ingredients , just the "key ingredients" , which are two.Do you have the ingredient list on your box , Burak?

Bergamot is a nice scent , I can tell.Did you get the aftershave balm too?

86 7,124
 10-25-2012, 08:11 PM
User Info
Thank you, gentlemen.

Teiste, the cream is one of the best i've used. I bought it from 'the different scent' in Berlin.
The sales assistant, who was very knowledgable about wetshaving, recommended me the product.
Unfortunately, no ingredient list on the tub, but is made in England. I don't remember a paper box.
I didn't get the balm, only the SC.

4 365
 10-25-2012, 10:57 PM
  • SLB04
  • Schalksmühle
User Info
Here the ingredient list, which I found here:

Aqua, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Parfum (Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone), Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Mel

1 374
 10-25-2012, 11:00 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(10-25-2012, 10:57 PM)SLB04 Wrote: Here the ingredient list, which I found here:

Aqua, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Parfum (Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone), Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Mel

Thank you , my friend ! You are the man!

86 7,124
 10-25-2012, 11:04 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(10-25-2012, 08:11 PM)staggerlee Wrote: Thank you, gentlemen.

Teiste, the cream is one of the best i've used. I bought it from 'the different scent' in Berlin.
The sales assistant, who was very knowledgable about wetshaving, recommended me the product.
Unfortunately, no ingredient list on the tub, but is made in England. I don't remember a paper box.

A Creightons creation? It seems like to me.

86 7,124
 10-25-2012, 11:43 PM
User Info
(10-25-2012, 11:04 PM)Teiste Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 08:11 PM)staggerlee Wrote: Thank you, gentlemen.

A Creightons creation? It seems like to me.

Sorry, Teiste; I've been hearing about Creightons, but i don't know anything about the company.

Will you be so kind to tell about them?

(10-25-2012, 10:57 PM)SLB04 Wrote: Here the ingredient list, which I found here:

Thank you for the info, my friend.

4 365
 10-25-2012, 11:47 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Creightons is the brand , located in Peterborough , England , behind many of the shaving creams made in that country , like the TOBS , Trumper , T&H , St James of London , The Real Shaving CO...

86 7,124