10-25-2012, 08:26 AM
User Info
I am selling my Tradere SB. I had a minor issue with it, so Richard replaced it with a brand new one. Here is your chance to get a brand new, unopened Tradere SB for $20 off of retail - $150 shipped CONUS.

18 242
 10-25-2012, 08:59 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
That is a good deal for brand new.

100 12,439
 10-25-2012, 09:27 AM
User Info
What was the issue...?

184 12,002
 10-25-2012, 03:12 PM
User Info
(10-25-2012, 09:27 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: What was the issue...?
If I tightened the handle as tight as I could, when I went to dump the used blade out, it fell out in two pieces. Where the top of the head and the base of the head met on one side, it apparently creased the blade such that it broke in a nice straight line upon removal. It never happened while I was shaving, though. This happened with one of the Personna blades that came with the razor and with one of my Astra SP blades. When I notified Richard, he told me to send it back for inspection. Instead, I decided to try not tightening it as much, and this seemed to have solved the problem. Since the razor didn't give me the kind of shave I wanted, I decided to sell it, but at Richard's urging I went ahead and gave him an opportunity to inspect it. He couldn't duplicate the issue, but went ahead and sent me a new razor. I am expecting delivery tomorrow. Richard definitely stands behind his product!

18 242
 10-25-2012, 05:41 PM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
So you're selling a razor you don't physically have yet??

135 1,946
 10-25-2012, 06:28 PM
User Info
(10-25-2012, 05:41 PM)Shanman Wrote: So you're selling a razor you don't physically have yet??

I've purchased lots of things before they were ever even manufactured.

Consider it a chance to pre-order. Smile

Package tracking is nice. It will be here tomorrow.

18 242
 10-25-2012, 07:10 PM
User Info
(10-25-2012, 06:28 PM)twallis Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 05:41 PM)Shanman Wrote: So you're selling a razor you don't physically have yet??

I've purchased lots of things before they were ever even manufactured.

Consider it a chance to pre-order. Smile

Package tracking is nice. It will be here tomorrow.

With all due respect and no offense intended (sincerely) to the OP, if there isn't a rule about this I think one should be considered moving forward. I don't think sales should be allowed for items a seller doesn't physically have in his or her possession, particularly without the seller mentioning that fact up front.

27 353
 10-25-2012, 07:28 PM
  • Samjax
  • Clearwater, Florida
User Info
This is a most interesting post. I recently obtained a Tradere SB via a trade. I had used it twice and decided to change the Polsilver blade to continue testing it. When I took the handle off and opened the head, sure enough, the Polsilver blade was broken inside the head. It was not broken exactly down the middle, but rather about 1/3 of the way across - a direct slice parallel to the cutting edge of the blade - maybe 1/4" or more inside from the sharp edge.

I found this odd, as it was a very straight cut - I believe that it's most likely due to tightening the handle a bit snug - which one would think would have to be VERY snug to snap a blade, but it really wasn't. I also tried to duplicate the event by tightening it up pretty good, but wasn't able to.

I really hadn't given it much thought until reading this thread - but it would appear to be a concern with the Tradere SB itself; as I've never had such a thing happen before with any of my other razors.

29 466
 10-26-2012, 05:24 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
The seller was asked about the problem with the razor and he responded with a full explanation what happened and said a new razor was on the way from the manufacturer.

All sale transactions are between the buyer and seller and should be kept private via pm.

100 12,439
 10-26-2012, 04:09 PM
User Info
The razor did in fact arrive today. I opened the priority mail box to see if there was any note or anything [there wasn't], then I re-sealed it immediately. I will re-ship it in the same box. I did not open the cardboard box containing the razor. It has been suggested by a wise moderator that I take pictures of the razor. I don't disagree, but Richard wraps his razors so nicely and neatly that I know I could never put it back like he had it. For me it would be like putting shaving cream back in a can (for whoever still uses the stuff). However, if you are truly interested in buying the razor, and a picture would make that big of a difference, I would be willing to take a digital photo and change the heading on my For Sale posting from "unopened" to "unused".

18 242
 10-27-2012, 10:47 AM
User Info
While no one really needed to know the back story behind the sale, whether they feel it damages the vendors reputation or what have you, I think it's a fair and honest offering. Good luck with the sale.

2 97
 10-28-2012, 12:39 PM
User Info
SALE PENDING.

18 242
 10-28-2012, 01:51 PM
User Info
SOLD.

18 242