10-25-2012, 08:51 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I have been asked this , and it seems its a penitence I have to pay Biggrin , since in the past I wrote that there wasnt such thing like La Toja with tallow... :shot: Facepalm

So , I was told on a phone interview with two representatives of Henkel Iberica , the the Potassium and Sodium Sterate are from Stearic Acid from tallow.You can read that interview here : Lets ask Henkel to make a better La Toja with tallow.

So yes , even when no Potassium or Sodium Tallowate are among its ingredients , La Toja contains animal fat (tallow) on its current formulation , so its not a veggie based soap.La Toja ALWAYS contained tallow , in any of its past or present/current formulations.So again , its not a veggie based soap.The same with Dr Selby shaving cream (on the tub) , which Stearic Acid comes straight from tallow too.

Im still having hope for Henkel to come back with a tallow based stick , like LEA have done , following the massive petition from the Spanish forum http://www.foroafeitado.com I have my doubts about them bringing back the wooden bowl and soap , which was made in Spain.

Hope everything is clear now regarding this shaving soap and I' ll keep gladly paying my penitence. Biggrin

86 7,123
 10-25-2012, 09:18 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Oh no Teiste, you must pay more. To repent you must shave your legs using electric razor BiggrinTongue

88 4,233
 10-25-2012, 09:22 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(10-25-2012, 09:18 PM)beartrap Wrote: Oh no Teiste, you must pay more. To repent you must shave your legs using electric razor BiggrinTongue

Thanks goodness you didnt said to make a video of how to shave the bikini line with a straight razor...FacepalmFacepalm

OK , back to the original thread.

86 7,123
 10-25-2012, 09:36 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
(10-25-2012, 08:51 PM)Teiste Wrote: I have been asked this , and it seems its a penitence I have to pay Biggrin , since in the past I wrote that there wasnt such thing like La Toja with tallow... :shot: Facepalm

So , I was told on a phone interview with two representatives of Henkel Iberica , the the Potassium and Sodium Sterate are from Stearic Acid from tallow.You can read that interview here : Lets ask Henkel to make a better La Toja with tallow.

So yes , even when no Potassium or Sodium Tallowate are among its ingredients , La Toja contains animal fat (tallow) on its current formulation , so its not a veggie based soap.La Toja ALWAYS contained tallow , in any of its past or present/current formulations.So again , its not a veggie based soap.The same with Dr Selby shaving cream (on the tub) , which Stearic Acid comes straight from tallow too.

Im still having hope for Henkel to come back with a tallow based stick , like LEA have done , following the massive petition from the Spanish forum http://www.foroafeitado.com I have my doubts about them bringing back the wooden bowl and soap , which was made in Spain.

Hope everything is clear now regarding this shaving soap and I' ll keep gladly paying my penitence. Biggrin

Jajaja que buena penitencia amigo. Laughing1

1 265
 10-26-2012, 05:07 AM
  • VT_Hokie
  • 2-Band Bandito
  • Charleston, SC
User Info
While I would be interested in trying a tallow based version of La Toja (Especially one in a bowl as beautiful as the Mantiales, which I never got),

I feel like the current "veggie" version is so fantastic, that I wouldn't care if they never got around to it.

13 599