10-26-2012, 08:34 AM
User Info
Shave Nook members and guest, we are having a sort of Thanksgiving contest to celebrate our continuing success as the growing "new kid on the block" traditional wet shaving forum, to give thanks to our wonderful membership, and to welcome our newest members while also encouraging visiting guests to join. So this is a contest for BOTH new AND "old" members.

For NEW MEMBERS joining between October 1 and November 22 there are several prizes that will be given away:

First, donated by Shaveabuck.com, are two fine razors, a Sabi T2 and a Cadet. Both of these will go to one new member. Both are high quality, medium weight razors, very finely balanced and fitting nicely in the hand. They use all modern double edge razor blades to provide a clean, close shave. Each will provide a great introduction to modern double edge shaving for the new wet shaver lucky enough to win them.

[Image: CadetModel01.jpg]

Next, donated by Shavetools.com, is a Vie-Long Gonzalo brush. This has a mix of 60% boar bristle and 40% horse hair, combining the backbone of boar bristle with the softness of horse hair. Its knot is 20mm, and the loft is 62mm. Although an excellent choice for fans of "scrubby" brushes with hard soaps, it will work well with creams and hard soaps alike. With a 55mm metal and wood handle and an overall weight of 84g, it has quite a substantial feel.
[Image: Vie-LongGonzaloBrush.jpg]

Third, donated by Chicagoshaving.com, is a complete starter kit, including a black handle Delong brush with 22mm pure badger knot, Gillette Regular Shaving Cream 100ml, a Parker 91R razor, 10 Astra Superior Platinum blades, and a RazoRock Alum Stick. This is the whole works, ready to get a new wet shaver started right with excellent top-quality equipment and products! The kit is ideal for the new wetshaver who has decided to take the plunge but has not yet bought what they need to begin their shaving adventure.
[Image: tsngiveaway-ChicagoShaving.jpg]

And finally, from Barbieredifigaro.nl, are two Tcheon Fung Sing (TFS) hard soaps to go together to one new member. These new version hard soaps are produced with the same characteristics as the traditional TFS soft soaps but in solid form and with a stronger "aroma intenso." The first one is Bergamotto Neroli Intenso, with a lovely light Mediterranean citrus/orange scent. The second one is Tabacco Verde Intenso. Rich, lusty, and warm, it was inspired by the scent of natural tobacco leaves on the hands of the women who harvest the crop. Tcheong Fung Sing is a small artisan soap maker in Italy that has been producing shaving soaps since 1945, but until recently only in soft soap form.
[Image: TFSBergamottoNeroliIntenso.jpg]
[Image: TFSTabaccoVerdeIntenso.jpg]

Eligible for these prizes are members who have joined the forum since October 1 or who join from now until Thanksgiving Day, November 22. Entries submitted after 11:59 PM PST on Thanksgiving Day will not be valid. To be eligible to win one of the prizes, the new member must have at least 15 posts by the deadline, INCLUDING a note in this thread saying, "I'm in." Winners will be determined by randomized selection during the weekend after Thanksgiving and will be notified by PM. To receive their prize, a winning new member must acknowledge receipt of the notification PM by a return message within 7 days, providing their full name and shipping address. If the winner does not respond within that time period, they will forfeit the prize, and an alternate winner (also selected randomly) will be given the prize. That alternate winner must respond to their notification PM within 7 days. Prizes can be shipped both CONUS and internationally, and they will be shipped CONUS free of charge by the donating vendors. International winners will need to negotiate shipping with the vendor and will be responsible for any import duties or other additional charges particular to their country.

It is our earnest hope that offering these great prizes will provide incentive for our visiting guests to join us and become contributing, active members of the forum.

To celebrate the continuing growth of The Shave Nook and to say thank you again to our extremely supportive ESTABLISHED MEMBERS, ADDITIONAL PRIZES will be give away to all forum members who joined before October 1:

First, donated by Bullgooseshaving.net, is a Merkur Vision razor. This is a very high quality, traditional, heavyweight safety razor with a bar type guard and a relatively long (4.25 inch) handle for greater comfort and control. Adjustable settings, allowing change of the angle and gap of the blade, allow for closer shaving with double edge blades. The razor features a matte finish and comes in an elegant presentation case.
[Image: Vision_51.jpg]

Next, from Leesrazors.com, is a tub of Tabula Rasa Tangerine & Vetiver shaving cream. This thick shaving cream soap (or "croap") is a very smooth shaving product made with mango butter and argan oil, especially formulated for those with sensitive skin or prone to allergies, who don't want to compromise on quality and density of the lather. Imported from Germany, it is widely considered to be one of the best thick shaving creams on the market, producing voluminous rich lather from a tiny amount of cream.
[Image: Tabula-Rasa-Aufkleber.jpg]

And finally, donated by Supersafetyrazors.com, is a Parker Silvertip shaving brush.
Outstanding quality is the trademark of Parker brushes. This olivewood handled brush, manufactured with high quality 100% silvertip badger hair, is an outstanding companion for any safety razor, competing with brands costing hundreds of dollars. This offering comes with a free brush stand so that you can hang the brush upside down after use.
[Image: parker-wood-chrome-silvertip-web.jpg]

Eligible for these prizes are any members of the forum who joined before October 1. To be eligible to win one of the two prizes, the member must have at least 35 posts by the deadline, including a note in this thread saying, "I'm in." Entries submitted after 11:59 PM PST Thanksgiving Day, November 22, will not be valid. Winners will be determined by randomized selection during the weekend after Thanksgiving and will be notified by PM. To receive their prize, a winning member must acknowledge receipt of the notification PM by a return message within 7 days, providing their full name and shipping address. If the winner does not respond within that time period, they will forfeit the prize, and an alternate winner (also selected randomly) will be given the prize. That alternate winner must respond to their notification PM within 7 days. Prizes can be shipped both CONUS and internationally, but not to a P.O. box, and they will be shipped free of charge by the donating vendors. International winners will be responsible for any import duties or other additional charges particular to their country.

Edit: Some of the prizes for new members have been consolidated, but there still are four fine prize packages.
Once all winners, both new and established, are determined and have responded, the lists of winners will be posted here in this thread.

Our heartfelt thanks go to the generous vendors who have donated these fine prizes:

Shaveabuck.com
Shavetools.com
Chicagoshaving.com
Leesrazors.com
Barbieredifigaro.nl
Bullgooseshaving.net
Supersafetyrazors.com

They not only have provided these great products and offer many more fine wet shaving items at their web sites, but they are also active members of the forum, freely giving their thoughts and opinions about the topics and issues in which we all have interest. THANK YOU!

NOTE: This contest is not open to Vendors, Artisans, Administrators, and Moderators

183 12,002
 10-26-2012, 08:47 AM
  • pooking
  • Wishful thinker.
  • Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn
User Info
I am in. Very nice prizes.

7 147
 10-26-2012, 08:50 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Very nice offerings! Good luck everyone and welcome to the forum :yho:

88 4,233
 10-26-2012, 08:51 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I'm in. Thanks for the chance!

45 3,955
 10-26-2012, 09:14 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I am in! Didn't realize some of it was for the old dogs Biggrin

88 4,233
 10-26-2012, 09:21 AM
  • DoubleB
  • Zeeland, The Netherlands
User Info
I'm in as a new member!

This is a great contest! Good luck to all the contesters and many thanks to the great folks who donated the prizes!

5 447
 10-26-2012, 09:29 AM
User Info
Awesome contest! Looks like I qualify in the new member category, so here goes:

I'm in as a new member.

10 2,062
 10-26-2012, 09:38 AM
User Info
"I'm in." Thanks for the opportunity and your support

31 1,800
 10-26-2012, 09:41 AM
User Info
Wow, very nice. I'm in!

Thanks so much for your generosity to all the vendors!

Happy turkey day!

11 183
 10-26-2012, 09:51 AM
  • JLJ
  • Ex-Lurker
  • NE Indiana USA
User Info
Well, I'm new, but can I get enough posts?

JLJ

0 4
 10-26-2012, 09:53 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(10-26-2012, 09:51 AM)JLJ Wrote: Well, I'm new, but can I get enough posts?

JLJ

That is entirely up to you. Go for it.

173 23,487
 10-26-2012, 10:03 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
I'm not in (having previously been lucky enough to win a 1kg block of Cella here), but I would like to say...

John and to all those involved in this "contest" behind the scenes, very! nice and VERY! generous prizes. Euro

Good luck to all those that enter. Thumbup

23 1,872
 10-26-2012, 10:05 AM
User Info
I'm in, and thanks for the opportunity!

15 222
 10-26-2012, 10:13 AM
User Info
I'm in. Thanks!

1 77
 10-26-2012, 10:42 AM
  • TonyN
  • Lawrenceville, GA US
User Info
I'm in!

Thanks to all the generous donors!

1 430
 10-26-2012, 10:45 AM
User Info
Me! Pick me! I'm down for it! Feeling lucky, I am. Include me; I'M IN! Rolleyes

0 554
 10-26-2012, 10:50 AM
  • wlmcad
  • Memphis, TN
User Info
I'm in for the established member prizes.

Awesome PIF, The Shave Nook is the best forum!

0 539
 10-26-2012, 11:19 AM
User Info
I'm in! Thanks gentlemen

2 362
 10-26-2012, 11:25 AM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
Awesome PIF, I've never tried a Vision or Tabula Rasa so I'm in!

31 1,510
 10-26-2012, 11:27 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
To John for coordinating this and to our wonderful vendors for offering some incredible prizes, thank you! Clap

To all of you entering, the best of luck. Thumbsup

2 11,211