10-26-2012, 12:43 PM
User Info
For those who pay attention to the SOTD posts every once in a while you'd see me using Kramperts Finest exp' Bay Rum. That "exp'" would be short for experimental. That's how you can track what I'm working on. OK, I told you, so there. It also tells you that I use Bay Rum all year. When I'm not using my menthol on Maines extremely uncomfortable days anyway.

Anyway, this bay rum is THE bay rum from my childhood as far as scent goes. The one from my childhood is fleeting and so is this, but I have gotten it to linger for at least a short time. IMO it smells absolutely fantastic, but I thought that from the first time any of it hit my razored sideburns and neck when I was a child. A scent to kill for. While it lingers for a time, it doesn't linger as long as the Acadian Spice, not does it have the objectionable spice scent that turned some ladies off in the past. The scent is there for you, then is gone for the scent of your choice to make your lady happy. Of course you still get the benefit of the moisturizer, and the moisturizer is there in full strength.

Here's the question... Do I produce it? This isn't a thread for taking orders. If I make it it will be a regular production item, not a LE. I'm only asking if you're interested in it (interested beyond mere curiousity). FWIW, it should come in even more reasonably priced than my Acadian Spice, but I haven't priced it out yet.

Of course if someone wants to pay significantly more than what others pay just to think they're getting something special I welcome that. Contact me privately and I'll welcome all ultra high bidders. Biggrin

32 6,301
 10-26-2012, 01:04 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I am all for it Brian. As long as it makes my face feel the same ways I do now using KFBR and 80 below.

88 4,233
 10-26-2012, 01:15 PM
User Info
Brian. I'm not sure what to say here. I think it could be a hit, but I am not sure I would purchase it. One of the things I like about Krampert's is the fact it does tend to stick around for a while. It's a very pleasing scent, not at all like most Bay Rums and to have it just be there for a short time seems to just be a tease.

Right now I can only picture myself using this as a winter scent. I'd have to get in the 'way back machine' to purchase some of the LE menthol version to get me to wear it in the summer.

Good luck and I'll keep watching for more info.

129 6,685
 10-26-2012, 09:25 PM
User Info
If you started making it, it'll give me one more Kramperts Finest in my rotation - it's pretty much the only AS I use, since it's the only one I've found that makes my face feels great all day.

3 3,437
 10-28-2012, 01:22 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
(10-26-2012, 01:04 PM)beartrap Wrote: I am all for it Brian. As long as it makes my face feel the same ways I do now using KFBR and 80 below.

same here Brian! Cool

my goal is to have 2-each of all your creations, on hand at all times!

9 1,684