10-26-2012, 01:46 PM
User Info
Hi Guys!

First time poster here, with a real question.

Long story short: I love my Tabac aftershave splash, but an unfortunate accident left the cap of the bottle smashed into pieces. I was at least able to salvage the top of the cap (that seals the small hole, so the bottle doesn't simply dry up).

What I would like to know, is if there are any generic, plain glass bottles that I could pour my remaining contents into for regular use. Does anyone sell empty aftershave bottles?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

0 1
 10-26-2012, 03:03 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I'd check ebay or etsy for old A/S or apothecary bottles, they should fit the bill nicely.

31 1,510
 10-26-2012, 03:05 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Welcome to the forum.

You might try something like this.

http://www.specialtybottle.com/corkedbottlesmi.aspx

173 23,535
 10-27-2012, 01:46 PM
User Info
Welcome to The Shave Nook and Johnny's suggestion is a good one, or you could try this: http://mckernan.com/store/Glass-Bottles

75 20,883
 10-27-2012, 05:08 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Go check out an antique store. I have a couple of old bottles with caps and even corks. I keep my witch hazel in an old clear bottle with a cork in it. Looks cool in my nook. I also have a couple/3 small colored bottles with bail type tops with ceramic tops with rubber seals. I found these at a yard sale and paid $1.00 for all 3. I keep my homemade pre shave oil, and glycerin in 2. I still have one for a back-up. Those look cool in my nook too.

5 1,151
 10-28-2012, 06:17 PM
  • Deano
  • Iowa
User Info
(10-27-2012, 05:08 PM)savagejoerude Wrote: Go check out an antique store. I have a couple of old bottles with caps and even corks. I keep my witch hazel in an old clear bottle with a cork in it. Looks cool in my nook. I also have a couple/3 small colored bottles with bail type tops with ceramic tops with rubber seals. I found these at a yard sale and paid $1.00 for all 3. I keep my homemade pre shave oil, and glycerin in 2. I still have one for a back-up. Those look cool in my nook too.

Thats is what I do also. Ive found some nice glass bottles at flea markets as well. Some also use Tabasco bottles.

7 898
 10-28-2012, 09:01 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
(10-28-2012, 06:17 PM)Deano Wrote:
(10-27-2012, 05:08 PM)savagejoerude Wrote: Go check out an antique store. I have a couple of old bottles with caps and even corks. I keep my witch hazel in an old clear bottle with a cork in it. Looks cool in my nook. I also have a couple/3 small colored bottles with bail type tops with ceramic tops with rubber seals. I found these at a yard sale and paid $1.00 for all 3. I keep my homemade pre shave oil, and glycerin in 2. I still have one for a back-up. Those look cool in my nook too.

Thats is what I do also. Ive found some nice glass bottles at flea markets as well. Some also use Tabasco bottles.
Ahh the Tabasco bottle... The McIlhenny's originally used cologne bottles for the sauce... I had forgotten that till you brought it up... So in reality a Tabasco bottle IS a cologne bottle.... Does that make sense? lol

5 1,151
 10-29-2012, 02:44 AM
  • Deano
  • Iowa
User Info
[/quote]
Ahh the Tabasco bottle... The McIlhenny's originally used cologne bottles for the sauce... I had forgotten that till you brought it up... So in reality a Tabasco bottle IS a cologne bottle.... Does that make sense? lol
[/quote]
I didnt know that but I have a couple tabasco bottles. One I have my Pinaud Quinine hair tonic in the other is empty. Speaking of strange things. I read somewhere that Aqua Velva was first developed as a mouth wash. Huh

7 898