10-27-2012, 03:11 PM
  • Edson
  • Artisan Razor Restorer
  • Oregon
User Info
Clearing the den a little more. Prices are in for CONUS shipped. The lots I will only ship in the US, the Brush I can go Int'l with a little more to cover shipping.

Prefer personal paypal payments, but if not please add the 3% to cover fees.

1. Boellis Panama 1924 lot - contains ~50% of a soap bar in a relabeled GFT wooden bowl. The aftershave is 150mL and has been used exactly once. Aftershave retails for $65 and the soap $50 for a full bar. Asking $65 shipped total for the lot. NOW ASKING $55 SOLD

[Image: DSC_3624.jpg]

2. Soap/Cream/AS lot - From top left to lower right:
A) ~80-100g of a B&B forum members soap (SliceOfLife) in a metal container. The soap lathers great, but has a spicy bay rum scent to it that I don't care for.

B) NOS Old Spice soap in mug. Never used.
C) ~40-50% Salter's Indian Sandalwood cream.
D) >90% Vulfix Rose Cream
E) Vintage Wembol Lavender Shave Soap - I've never used it, but it looks like it might be at 80+% remaining. Probably is tallow and needs rehydrating.
F) I'm pretty sure this was Wrisley. I tried to grate this is a food processor, but it literally shredded into fine particles. I then put it back in the bowl and was trying to rehydrate it, hence the coloring and appearance. It was a new puck when I started and I only tried one lather. I think it still needs rehydrated.
G) Taylor of Old Bold Street Sandalwood Aftershave - about 50%. The scent just doesn't agree with me.

Asking $65 shipped for the lot. NOW ASKING $55

[Image: DSC_3636.jpg]

3. SOLD Hoffritz 102 Best Badger Butterscotch Brush - This is a vintage brush that I would say is a strong possibility to have been made by Simpson's. You can make out a Made in England under the Hoffritz logo and it is stamped best badger on the base.

The size is almost identical to a Chubby 2 (Pictured next to my Chubby 2 for size comparison (NOT FOR SALE)).

While the hair is vintage and slightly colored, it works perfectly well and does not need a renot. I find the tips very soft and backbone decent. Density wise it is plenty dense. I've just found that I like a brush with a little more backbone and some scritch to the tips.

Asking $65 shipped CONUS, a little more Int'l. SOLD

[Image: DSC_3626.jpg]
[Image: DSC_3627.jpg]
[Image: DSC_3629.jpg]

11 185
 10-30-2012, 08:59 AM
  • Edson
  • Artisan Razor Restorer
  • Oregon
User Info
Price reduction on the lots. Don't think I can go much lower given the retail cost of the Boellis.

11 185
 11-01-2012, 06:46 PM
  • Edson
  • Artisan Razor Restorer
  • Oregon
User Info
Boellis Lot is now sold

11 185
 11-03-2012, 01:18 PM
  • Deano
  • Iowa
User Info
If you would care to split the soap lot I would be interested in the Old Spice cup and soap.

7 898
 11-03-2012, 06:25 PM
  • Edson
  • Artisan Razor Restorer
  • Oregon
User Info
I would only break up the lot to sell the Old spice for $35 shipped and the remaining for $30 shipped

BUT....

Only if I have 2 buyers lined up for everything.

11 185
 11-03-2012, 06:29 PM
  • Deano
  • Iowa
User Info
I will have to pass on that but thank you for the offer.

7 898
 11-04-2012, 07:18 AM
User Info
I'm not sure that old soaps need to be rehydrated. I've heard that term in discussions of old shaving creams, and have done it by adding a teaspoon of water to the dried up cream and letting it sit for a couple of days. Old soaps just need to be used normally. The only deterioration to soaps seems to be a tendency to lose their fragrance over a long period of time, but they're basically stable no matter how old they get.

24 1,150