10-27-2012, 04:31 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Today as is everyday due to my AD I was cruising a local Rite-Aid and came across a tube of shave cream from The Real Shaving Co.. Read the directions and @ $4.99 I decided to buy. Got home and did a test lather and found it made a nice thick lather and has a very pleasing scent. I hadn't seen it mentioned on here but I know you fellas don't miss much. Well guess what shave cream is on deck for tonight? Please post your experience with this cream and I'll post a review later tonight. Happy Shaving!!!

5 1,151
 10-27-2012, 04:34 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I've had a tube for about a year, it's a great cream and smells almost identical to Taylor of Old Bond Street St. James cream. Real Shaving Co is made by Creighton's..the same company that makes a lot of the big UK creams.

31 1,510
 10-27-2012, 04:40 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Excellent cream, way underpriced for what it is.

88 4,233
 10-27-2012, 05:37 PM
User Info
Fantastic stuff. I bought the menthol. While it is a very weak menthol, I do like the scent quite a bit and the performance is fantastic.

0 836
 10-27-2012, 06:35 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I cant stand its scents , but the Moisturizing one is very good indeed.Cheap too.And yes , made by the Almighty Creighton's.

86 7,123
 10-27-2012, 06:36 PM
User Info
Very underrated, especially for the price.

12 1,243
 10-27-2012, 06:47 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I've still yet to try this cream. Next time I'm at Rite Aid I will have to pick some up.

45 3,955
 10-27-2012, 08:04 PM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
Real Shave Co was my first cream. It really is a great product if you like the scent. Great price and its nice that you can find it locally.

2 501
 10-28-2012, 10:36 AM
User Info
I have used both the cream and the aftershave balm with very good success. I understand that all Rite Aid stores in the USA carry it, but cannot be really sure of this. And, as others have noted, it is made by Creighton's PLC in England. I am amazed at how such a high quality product can be priced at $5 a tube considering the expenses involved in manufacturing, distribution, shipping etc. Interesting question -- how can the Big Boys justify charging as much as they do when one of their underlying suppliers undercuts their price so significantly. Maybe it's all about the allure of The Brand Name; after all Real Shaving Co is not a very exciting brand name, even though the product is great.

15 316
 10-28-2012, 01:32 PM
User Info
As much as I enjoy the RSC creams, they really don't compare in scent to their Creighton cousins.

0 252
 10-28-2012, 03:11 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
(10-28-2012, 01:32 PM)GeneAut Wrote: As much as I enjoy the RSC creams, they really don't compare in scent to their Creighton cousins.

Well, the RSC cream is almost identical to TOBS St. James. It is a pity that is the only scent though, so if you're not a fan that is pretty much game, set and match for RSC.

31 1,510
 10-28-2012, 03:29 PM
User Info
(10-28-2012, 03:11 PM)Arcadies Wrote: Well, the RSC cream is almost identical to TOBS St. James. It is a pity that is the only scent though, so if you're not a fan that is pretty much game, set and match for RSC.

There's also a Menthol version, which doesn't not have very much menthol at all, but it does have a different scent.

0 836
 10-28-2012, 04:10 PM
User Info
I really like the RSC creams. They are extremely effective, and performance-wise, for me they are on par with other brands also made by Chreightons but way more expensive.
The scents are nothing to write home about, but I kind of like them - they smell like a good shave Cool

2 5,531
 10-28-2012, 08:50 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Well I tested THE REAL SHAVE CO. shave cream today. Excellent creamy lather. The scent is ok. Not over powering. An almond size dab was enough for 2 passes on my mohawk and 3 passes on my face. This stuff seemed to take all the water you throw at it. I added a bit as the shave went on and it never got soupy. My shave was very close and comfortable. No nicks, or weepers. BBS.... Just wish THE SAINTS would have performed as well..... I'll give this cream a high rating. And you can't beat the value here....
Happy Shaving ! Sav

5 1,151
 10-29-2012, 04:47 AM
User Info
(10-28-2012, 03:11 PM)Arcadies Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 01:32 PM)GeneAut Wrote: As much as I enjoy the RSC creams, they really don't compare in scent to their Creighton cousins.

Well, the RSC cream is almost identical to TOBS St. James. It is a pity that is the only scent though, so if you're not a fan that is pretty much game, set and match for RSC.

Until you mentioned it I had never noticed it. I whipped up some RSC ( Sensitive ) and then cracked open my TOBS St James and found you have a point. St James is a little brighter, and to my nose a bit stronger, but I could see the similarities.

Unfortunately, I've never really enjoyed my St James scentwise that much LOL. It's not bad, but it really doesn't excite me.

The RSC is a good cream though. There's nothing wrong at all with the performance, and to me the scent is at least inoffensive.

Oddly enough, looking at the website I don't see the Sensitive listed on there any longer. I just see the Menthol and Traditional.

0 252
 10-29-2012, 06:02 AM
User Info
My girlfriend got me some of this over the weekend for £1. I'll give it a go this week sometime.

7 1,179
 10-29-2012, 02:13 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I enjoy their cream, but not for the scent. The balm isn't anything to write home about either, it doesn't sooth much, it seems more like a moisturizer than an after shave.

127 2,382
 10-29-2012, 07:09 PM
User Info
Of course, if one is fortunate enough to be so old that he can't smell anything anymore, the the scent issue is a moot point! Performance is then all that matters, and RSC performs.

15 316
 10-29-2012, 07:40 PM
User Info
I love RSC cream, I just can't stand the scents.

I wish they made a few others like lime, Mint, lavender etc (like KMF)

for the price, they are fantastic and readily available up here in canada at SDM

8 2,718
 11-01-2012, 05:03 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
It is a Good Cream but, not enough scent selection.

Rite-Aide has some of their products.

You can go to the Real Shaving Cream Company's website and order any of their products.

I did that as well as ordered some sample sizes or packs of some of their other stuff.

Like I said it is a Good Cream and the Price is Right but, I am on the Quest for Scents.

(And in response to another post - KMF does have some interesting Scents but, not any other shaving products - I think.)

1 819