10-30-2012, 08:10 PM
User Info
This article in Fortune made me think of Bullgoose Shaving. With so many online wetshaving stores popping up, I wonder how many will also open a brick and mortar outlet. Are there any others besides Bullgoose that have done this?

It is amazing how small some of the major wetshaving online stores started - selling small amounts of blade packs, starting out of a shoebox, etc. My hat is off to you guys (and gals!). May you all enjoy continued success and supply us with massive amounts of wetshaving goodness.

0 303
 10-30-2012, 09:37 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
(10-30-2012, 08:10 PM)Tbone Wrote: This article in Fortune made me think of Bullgoose Shaving. With so many online wetshaving stores popping up, I wonder how many will also open a brick and mortar outlet. Are there any others besides Bullgoose that have done this?

It is amazing how small some of the major wetshaving online stores started - selling small amounts of blade packs, starting out of a shoebox, etc. My hat is off to you guys (and gals!). May you all enjoy continued success and supply us with massive amounts of wetshaving goodness.

I think West Coast Shaving has a physical store, although I believe they have random hours and prefer if you call ahead before coming so they can make sure to have someone there to open up and fire up the espresso machine. I doubt there are or will be very many that open up physical shops, too much overhead.

31 1,510
 10-30-2012, 10:06 PM
User Info
Way too much overhead. And no flexibility.

9 2,988
 10-30-2012, 10:09 PM
  • jvrck
  • Barrack Heights, Australia
User Info
We have a similar scenario with a supplier in Australia - they are an online store primarily but they have a physical (warehouse like) presence.

The problem is Australia is that items are very expensive. And the problem from buying from the US is that you cannot get items that contain alcohol delivered to Australia so we have to buy from Europe.

0 50
 11-02-2012, 08:12 PM
User Info
Actually, I have noticed that the two compliment each other. Merz Apothecary is an example who has an on-line store called Smallflower. I know the owners and my impression is that the two compliment each other even though they are run as separate businesses.

Maybe the answer is, "It depends."

6 323