10-31-2012, 05:49 AM
User Info
When I first started wetshaving I had one soap and one cream. After a few months, I had several and really looked forward to variety. Now I can't wait to pick out what I am going to use in terms of razor, blade, soap, cream, after shave and balm. I have found that this is now creeping into my shower and look forward to different soaps. Who else had developed an affinity for different shower/bath soaps and what do you like?

0 295
 10-31-2012, 05:53 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I enjoy Yardley soaps, Palmolive, Brut Soaps (regular and sport scent), and Mysore Sandalwood soaps. I really want to try some Speick soap but the shipping kills it and when you're used to paying $1 a bar for fantastic soap like yardleys, it's hard to spend for soap and shipping.

116 3,804
 10-31-2012, 06:00 AM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
(10-31-2012, 05:49 AM)Rockford Wrote: When I first started wetshaving I had one soap and one cream. After a few months, I had several and really looked forward to variety. Now I can't wait to pick out what I am going to use in terms of razor, blade, soap, cream, after shave and balm. I have found that this is now creeping into my shower and look forward to different soaps. Who else had developed an affinity for different shower/bath soaps and what do you like?

Same here, I used to exclusively use Yardley soaps but decided to change to non-tallow soap both for better feeling on the skin and less scum in the tub. Now I rotate between 3-4 scents of Pre de Provence, 2-3 scents of South of France and have tried One With Nature Dead Sea Salt bath soap in the lavender scent, which I wasn't too impressed with. I love the PdP and SoF soaps..the scents are amazing and they're very moisturizing and the huge 250g triple milled bars are a great value. I received a sample of Martin de Candre's Fougere soap when I ordered a jar of shave soap and it's one of, if not the most amazing soaps I have ever smelled. The problem is the price and shipping make it prohibitive and I doubt I will ever order any.

31 1,510
 10-31-2012, 06:05 AM
User Info
I recenlty bought some Yardley soaps at the Dollar Tree, and have been really enjoying them. I have to find the Mysore Sandalwood!

0 295
 10-31-2012, 06:15 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I use Yardley as well. I enjoy the limited edition lemon and christmas cinnamon when I can find them.

45 3,955
 10-31-2012, 06:19 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
(10-31-2012, 06:15 AM)tgutc Wrote: I use Yardley as well. I enjoy the limited edition lemon and christmas cinnamon when I can find them.

I enjoyed the Lemon but didn't care for the Cinnamon. It was a bit too strong. Oatmeal and Honey is my favorite of the Yardleys.

116 3,804
 10-31-2012, 07:25 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
Me Too ... I Guess.

I like different Bath Soaps so I get them as I find them.

The problem for me is that I end up having 20 or so Bars of Soap and it takes a while to go through one bar.

Now for years, I had one Shaving Soap - Williams and I did pick up a few here and there at Craft Sales.

But, once I started looking on the internet my Shaving Soaps/Creams now outnumber my regular Soap Bars.

And yesterday I went to a Dollar Tree and picked up 4 bars for 4 Bucks.

1 819
 10-31-2012, 07:44 AM
  • J_fro
  • From the 716!
User Info
I really enjoy trying out new soaps. Right now I use Speick, Mysore Sandalwood (the big round), and Nubian Heritage "Black Soap". The NH line is a really good line of soaps fyi, regardless of ethnicity.

12 648
 11-04-2012, 01:42 PM
User Info
I have concluded that the factor at play here is "Season of Life." I am middle aged (I keep redefining it as I see fit but I digress...) and if you had told me ten years ago that I would have all the STUFF for the bathroom that I do today - I would have told you to take a hike.

Where it really hit home what when SWMBO said one morning through the bathroom door, "Well it is official. You are in there longer than I am!"Wink

6 323
 11-05-2012, 05:00 PM
User Info
I enjoy Mysore Sandal, Asquith English Rose (what little I have left), Tuscan lavender from T.J. Maxx and an almond one from "something" Hills that I find in Whole Foods.

3 543
 11-06-2012, 04:39 AM
User Info
Know what you mean regarding trying "new" soaps.

I have a order on the way with a LaToja bath soap bar and am thinking about ordering some Speick as well.

It's never ending I tell ya...

5 337
 11-06-2012, 11:56 AM
  • 2dwgs
  • North Carolina
User Info
(10-31-2012, 06:00 AM)Arcadies Wrote: I received a sample of Martin de Candre's Fougere soap when I ordered a jar of shave soap and it's one of, if not the most amazing soaps I have ever smelled. The problem is the price and shipping make it prohibitive and I doubt I will ever order any.

Same here. The stuff is awesome, definitely my favorite bath soap. I was able to order about a kilo's worth of it by choosing one of their bags of "imperfect" bars they list under the "specials" section. The soap was far cheaper than the packaged bars at full price, although shipping was still stupid expensive. I've been looking for a cologne to match the scent but haven't had any luck.

I now switch soaps after each bar of Fougere, although I don't use more than one bar of soap open at a time. Just gotta figure out what to do with all the leftover soap nuts!

12 83
 11-10-2012, 08:51 PM
  • clk
  • Louisville, Kentucky
User Info
(11-04-2012, 01:42 PM)Captain Capsize Wrote: Where it really hit home what when SWMBO said one morning through the bathroom door, "Well it is official. You are in there longer than I am!"Wink

I know what you mean. I am not quite there yet, but in the last couple of months, my time "in there" has probably doubled, if not tripled.

0 230
 11-21-2012, 09:29 AM
User Info
Fortunately my skin tolerates just about any soap so I'm free to use all brands. Currently my group ranges from Floris to Dollar Tree specials and I enjoy them all.

0 500
 11-22-2012, 01:26 PM
User Info
I'm crazy for bath soaps, buying them everywhere I go. Dollar Store to Top-Notch.

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap's my current favorite.

Yardley's American came out with some new offerings. Their not well-scented, but ultra kind to the skin.

0 257
 11-22-2012, 07:20 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
I just got some shea moisture soaps at duane reade and they are about 6 or 8 oz., great scents and leaves the skin smooth.

[Image: 300.JPG]

10 1,120
 11-23-2012, 07:59 PM
User Info
(11-22-2012, 07:20 PM)MickToley Wrote: I just got some shea moisture soaps at duane reade and they are about 6 or 8 oz., great scents and leaves the skin smooth.

[Image: 300.JPG]

That would be great for Chicago winters.

0 295
 11-23-2012, 09:05 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(11-23-2012, 07:59 PM)Rockford Wrote: That would be great for Chicago winters.

I think they are $6.50 for an 8 oz. bar and have five or six different scents. Pretty good stuff and they lather really nice.

10 1,120
 11-25-2012, 11:47 PM
User Info
I enjoy switching soaps everytime I use up a bar. I get all of my soaps from TJ Maxx as they have a wonderful variety of imported, triple milled soaps. They offer them at great prices to boot.

My favorites include Patchouli, Lavender and Rose scented soaps.

63 2,128
 11-26-2012, 08:02 AM
User Info
I just got Nubian Heritage's African Black soap from Wholefoods.

It smells phenomenal, lathers black (but rinses clear) & claims to have unprecedented effects on the skin. I noticed some ultra long-lasting ingrowns/red spots on my legs disappeared within days of purchasing this soap, of which I've since bought two more bars, even though Wholefoods is 5 min. away from me.

I couldn't recommend it anymore highly.

It, and the true Anglican variety of Yardley's of London's Lavender bath-soap.

0 257