10-31-2012, 11:20 AM
User Info
This is the first time I’ve registered for Movember and pledged to grow a moustache for 30 days to raise awareness and funds and for men’s health. As many of you already know during November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in the U.S. and around the world. With their moustaches (Mo's), these men raise vital awareness and funds for men's health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives. Men start Movember 1st clean shaven. For the rest of the month, these selfless and generous men, known as Mo Bros, grow, groom, trim and wax their way into the annals of fine moustachery. Supported by the women in their lives, Mo Sistas, Movember Mo Bros raise funds by seeking out sponsorship for their Mo-growing efforts. Mo Bros effectively become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November. Through their actions and words they raise awareness by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health.

The funds raised in the U.S. support prostate cancer and testicular cancer initiatives. The funds raised are directed to programs run directly by Movember and men’s health partners, the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG Foundation.

While I will miss shaving my upper lip for 30 days, I am excited to participate in an important men's health iniative.

Who else will be participating?

0 295
 10-31-2012, 11:36 AM
  • DoubleB
  • Zeeland, The Netherlands
User Info
I am not participating, but big time kuddo's for all of you guys who are!

5 447
 10-31-2012, 11:36 AM
User Info
im doing movember its also my first time im in the uk,looking forward to developing a style .Good luck to all my fellow mo bro's

0 14
 10-31-2012, 11:37 AM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
My second year running! with much discontent from my better half... lol

53 555
 10-31-2012, 11:38 AM
User Info
Not participating here. Fortunately though, I get to help men towards true health on a daily basis.

31 7,912
 10-31-2012, 11:41 AM
User Info
I will sort of participate. I'll only shave my mustache area every second or third day. The hair on my lip does not match the hair on my head or body and just looks plain odd. I am German / Dutch and had blond hair until puberty then everything went dark brown. My goatee however is dominantly light red. Confused

129 6,685
 10-31-2012, 01:13 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I'll be there with in spirit gentleman. I have the worst mustache ever when it comes in so I'll skip it.

116 3,804
 10-31-2012, 01:53 PM
User Info
I will be glad to post update pictures as my scragly stache comes in.

0 295