10-31-2012, 11:46 AM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
I received my Capa Roja last night, upon first inspection I would definitely say that it's very well made. I really like the attention to detail on this razor. The engraving on both the razor and box are a nice touch. The handle is very comfortable, and the finish is very good. Much better than Merkur.

I decided to use it this morning with a Treet Classic, which is one of my favorite blades. I would say that the performance was very good, It was a combination of efficiency, and smoothness. I love it when a razor only requires 2 passes with touch ups.

Digital scale reads;

Handle; 74.3 Grams
Head; 26.9 Grams
Total; 101.2

[Image: 62019520.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 265
 10-31-2012, 12:37 PM
User Info
Just to clarify, this is one of the Matador razors from "razor blades and more".

Mynor, do you have other OC razors to which you can compare this? I am on the fence about ordering one of these as I just got the Cadet one a couple weeks ago.

129 6,685
 10-31-2012, 01:00 PM
User Info
Mynor, thanks for the review. What does it compare to?

75 20,883
 10-31-2012, 01:24 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
(10-31-2012, 12:37 PM)wingdo Wrote: Just to clarify, this is one of the Matador razors from "razor blades and more".

Mynor, do you have other OC razors to which you can compare this? I am on the fence about ordering one of these as I just got the Cadet one a couple weeks ago.

(10-31-2012, 01:00 PM)celestino Wrote: Mynor, thanks for the review. What does it compare to?

I don't have any experience with old razors, But I can tell you that it is efficient some would call that "aggressive"

More aggressive than
89l
ikon S3S
Weber DLC (but not by much)

Less Aggressive than
R41 Grande.

I didn't get any irritation or weepers. It was just a smooth effortless shave, which I really enjoyed, I like it. Doug, it is one of the new razors from razor blades and more. I only have one regret, I should of gotten the gold one. Biggrin

1 265
 10-31-2012, 05:24 PM
User Info
Checked the website mentioned. Both head types look like the cadet/razorock razors.

2 97
 10-31-2012, 07:28 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
(10-31-2012, 05:24 PM)Zondervan Wrote: Checked the website mentioned. Both head types look like the cadet/razorock razors.

Yes, David has stated that these come from the same factory.

1 265
 10-31-2012, 08:20 PM
User Info
Excellent review Mynor. I anxiously await for mine Biggrin

I ordered the Capa Dorada (gold model) open comb late Tuesday and it is tracking to be delivered tomorrow.

For those wanting the lowest price, Italian Barber would be the place to purchase the RazoRock Jaws Line, although with Joe's free shipping, he may be cheaper for US customers. They do have a few different handle styles that are different from the Cadet or the Matador line.

If you are looking for a larger selection of handle styles, Shave A Buck has many new offering under the Cadet brand although not listed on his site yet.(He was in the direct path of Hurricane Sandy)

If you want the Cadet and super fast shipping, Bullgoose is second to none. Being that he is purchasing the Cadet line from Joe, I expect that Phil will also have the the new Models.

If you are looking for a variety of colors, an elegant handle design along extremely fast shipping and A++ customer service, the Matador Line from Razor Blades and More would be the place to go.

Those asking about the how the razor shaves and how it compares to other open combs. In my opinion this head is more aggressive than the FaTip/Joris and only a notch or two below the 2011 Mühle R41. The major difference is there is no worries of ripping your face off Wink For me, it is right about in the middle between the FaTip and R41, although no where near as harsh.

Of all of the open combs that I have owned or tested, this head style by far is my favorite. No other OC provides such an effortless shave...and for under $30 no matter whom you purchase it from, it is a steal.

As Dave has mentioned, think of manufacturers like a car company. GM has Chevy, Buick and Cadillac. Although many of the models may share some of the same parts, the refinement and attention to detail is what separates the various brands.

5 833
 10-31-2012, 08:39 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
The gold is gonna look great.

1 265
 10-31-2012, 08:58 PM
User Info
(10-31-2012, 08:39 PM)Mynorx Wrote: The gold is gonna look great.

I once had a Parker 48R that I had bought just for the handle, it was gold and chrome. I really only use a few heads, but I love to have a variety of handles. When I had my great razor sell off, I had sold the Parker and most of my DE collection. I love the gold/chrome combo and literally was about to pull the trigger on another 48R when I had seen this new Matador line.

I know my addiction, I am sure I will end up getting one in each color. The red and blue are next on my list. I have two very cool handles coming in that I plan on using with this head as well.

5 833
 11-01-2012, 11:32 AM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
I think competition is among vendors is great. They strive to come up with new products all the time. I remember when I got started 3 years ago, All we had was Merkur.

1 265