11-01-2012, 09:31 AM
User Info
Good day to all,

I've again got way too much and with more coming feel it's best to offload some amazing products. Some have seen no use others only a few uses.

Please note all products will be listed on a few sites. Money talks, and I will go by time stamps that you contact me.

Prices are including shipping via USPS First Class mail CONUS. If you are outside the US, shipping beyond that is on you. Know your local laws and taxes.

Payment is via paypal only at this time. It would be nice if the fees were covered but I won't be picky as long as these products go to good homes.

Everything I've got here today is HIGH QUALITY and I feel my prices are fair. Feel free to make an offer if you feel they are off.

With the nitty gritty out of the way, I bring you the products.

Item 1: Gillette Old Type Open Comb Razor NOS from the 1920's. Yes, new and unused BEST I CAN TELL. Per Mr. Razor this is a Gillette Genuine from the 1920's matched up here: http://mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Old%20Type/...enuine.jpg

The razor comes in a box that is in excellent condition. There's one small flap that's not connected but is in the box. This is only my second time opening it since I obtained it. The handle is inside wrapped in it's original tissue paper. The head contains both cardboard inserts and wrapped blade. All unused best I can tell. There are some minor markings on the handle from the head in the packaging but there are NO cracks or anything. This is a beautiful specimen and I can't put a price on it because I've never seen them around much.

Asking Price: $80.00 or best reasonable offer.

[Image: old1.JPG][Image: old2.JPG]
[Image: old3.JPG]

***SOLD***Item 2: Simpson Milk Churn 2-Band Super. An AMAZING brush that's seen approximately 8-10 uses. This brush is one of my absolute favorites. The knot has some of the best flow through I've seen and is great for both face lathering and bowl. The knot measures APPROXIMATELY 23mm with a loft of about 50.5mm. I don't even know why I'm listing this, but I think it's because I haven't had chance to use it much lately with all my other brushes. (As with some Simpson brushes, the handle does say best but the box label is the true indicator that it's a 2-band Super)

Asking Price: $115.00

[Image: mchurn.JPG]

***SOLD*** Item 3: M&F Custom Snow Leopard Chubby. This brush is brand new and was just custom ordered from Lee. I have not used it yet. It hasn't touched water or anything. It's got a nice soft 2 band bulb that measures about 28.6mm with a loft of 52.8mm. The colors in the handle are beautiful Silvers, Blues, Greys, etc... This brush was custom made to my specs, but I just don't have the time to get to it, and there's quite a lot of interest in the handle, so others have ordered things like it. This is the first chubby though, and your chance to have it without a wait.

Asking price: $170.00 (Less than what I paid not even factoring in shipping from Lee.)

(Brush is obviously on the left in the pictures.)

[Image: mf1.JPG]
[Image: mf2.JPG]
[Image: mf3.JPG]

***SOLD*** Item 4: Thater 2 band 4125/2. Amazingly soft brush with one of the most comfortable handles I've ever felt. I think I'm selling this because I am not quite sure when I'll be using it, having so many other brushes. Either way, it's seen 3 uses. Knot measures approximately 27mm with a loft of about 54mm. Absolutely SPECTACULAR brush.

Asking price: $125.00

[Image: Thater.JPG]

***SOLD*** Item 5: The Retro Shavemac 585. This is a rare Shavemac. Originally offered in 08-09 as a limited run of "retro" style brushes with a 50's look. This brush features an EXTREMELY soft tipped Silvertip knot. Beautiful faux bone and acrylic handle. It took me more time than I care to count to track this brush down. Do a search and you'll find maybe 2-3 reviews or even posts about these things. They are RARE. Excellent knot and handle size for face and bowl lathering. I'm selling it because I'm cutting back on brushes I simply do not use. Knot size approximately 22.5mm with a loft of 53.5mm. Label is as you can see in the picture, but still enough to know without a doubt what it is.

Asking price: $75.00 (Price any Silver tip from Shavemac right now and you won't find anything that touches this. Assuming the same size knot.)

[Image: 585-1.JPG][Image: 585-2.JPG]

Item 6: Whipped dog #1. Blue resin handle. Minor imperfections in the handle so Larry sold these with a bit of a discount. Brush has a great persian jar shape to it with a Silver Tip knot. Soft and comfortable. If you know WD, you know their brushes are well priced, affordable, HIGH quality brushes. Larry is the man. Knot measures: 22.2mm with a loft of 57mm. This brush still has a good amount of backbone and works great on hard soaps and creams. This brush is ON THE LEFT IN THE PICTURE.

Asking Price: $18.00

***SOLD*** Item 7: Whipped dog #2. Blue Resin handle, modeled similarly to the Thater handle seen above in my post. EXTREMELY comfortable Silver Tip knot with a shorter loft. Approximately 22mm with a loft closer to 52mm. This brush has been used 2-3 times. Seen on the right in the picture below.

Asking Price: $18.00

[Image: WDsell.JPG]

***SOLD*** Item 8: Wee Rover Custom by Bob Farvour. I purchased this beautiful 2 band brush from Bob with the intention of using it as a travel brush. I haven't had the chance to bring it anywhere, so it's UNUSED. BEAUTIFUL handle that looks almost like faux ivory. Extremely comfortable with 16mm knot, loft set at about 42mm. (Specs from Bob)

Asking price $32.00

[Image: weerover-1.JPG][Image: weerover-2.JPG]

Item 9: L'occitane Cade Shave soap WITH the Metal L'occitane bowl to match. These are both UNUSED. I purchased it and without even using it, know the scent isn't quite for me. Sad but true. The bowl is the expensive part but it's a quality piece. These normally sell for $40 + shipping.

My asking price: $36 shipped

[Image: loc1.JPG][Image: loc2.JPG]

***SOLD*** Item 10: Simpsons Shave cream. Having placed many orders for custom brushes with Simpson directly, these were included in orders. I absolutely love this stuff. It's a high quality unscented cream that gives some of the best performance on the market. This container is new and unused from my latest order. Normally selling for something like $25 plus shipping, it's a bit pricey. Buy mine and save a bit, while trying out this quality product!

Asking price: $22

[Image: simp.JPG]

As stated at the top of my post. Shipping is included. First Class USPS CONUS. Outside the US, additional shipping is on you. Paypal for payment and NO TRADES AT THIS TIME.

Purchase multiple items and I'll work a discount if I can. PM's will be answered in the order they are received. First to claim an item AND pay gets it. Again, this might be listed on another forum, so contact me quickly. I'll update the post as items sell.

Thank you all for looking and have a great day!

4 156
 11-01-2012, 09:52 AM
User Info
Wow.., quite some unloading... I wonder what beauties you are not selling... Good luck...

31 1,554
 11-01-2012, 09:55 AM
  • VT_Hokie
  • 2-Band Bandito
  • Charleston, SC
User Info
This thread is stalking me. Very nice stuff for nice prices. GLWS!

13 599
 11-01-2012, 10:04 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
All wonderful brushes. I'd bring that Thater to Tennessee if I could.

116 3,804
 11-01-2012, 10:07 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I wish I had the money for the Snow Leopard Custom that brush is awesome.

45 3,955
 11-01-2012, 10:25 AM
User Info
Thanks all, appreciate the kind words!

I've updated the post with what's spoken for already.

Again, I'm open to reasonable offers on most of it. Don't be afraid to contact me. Worst I can say is no, right? Biggrin

4 156
 11-01-2012, 10:32 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, I opened this thread an hour late.Blush Nice stuff Mike.

173 23,553
 11-01-2012, 10:41 AM
User Info
(11-01-2012, 10:32 AM)Johnny Wrote: Well, I opened this thread an hour late.Blush Nice stuff Mike.

Thank you, Sir!

4 156
 11-01-2012, 12:42 PM
User Info
Wow, I am surprised that OLD hasn't sold. Cedarfurnitureman could get $500 on ebay for it.

129 6,685
 11-01-2012, 01:00 PM
User Info
(11-01-2012, 12:42 PM)wingdo Wrote: Wow, I am surprised that OLD hasn't sold. Cedarfurnitureman could get $500 on ebay for it.

I know, right?

4 156
 11-01-2012, 01:04 PM
User Info
If I wasn't counting pennies right now, and was a collector that OLD would be mine. But I am counting pennies and I'm not a collector. It's still fantastic though.

32 6,311