11-01-2012, 05:04 PM
User Info
I'll start us out. This is made by Benchmade but to a Doug Ritter design. Note the stonewashed finish. Has been my EDC for some years now - love it.

[Image: crrfo.jpg]

6 323
 11-01-2012, 06:00 PM
  • Arcadies
  • Greeneville, TN
User Info
I've gotten rid of my knives over the years and pretty much just use this cheap little $15 Victorinox with a single 2.6" stainless blade. I can't remember the model..Solo Alux maybe? I like it because it's very thin and low profile (8mm thick) and I never notice it in my pocket but it still opens up to 6" total length and comfortable in the hand. It's a tough little bugger that has been through a lot and keeps coming back for more.

31 1,510
 11-01-2012, 09:00 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(11-01-2012, 05:04 PM)Captain Capsize Wrote: I'll start us out. This is made by Benchmade but to a Doug Ritter design. Note the stonewashed finish. Has been my EDC for some years now - love it.

[Image: crrfo.jpg]

I am currently using a Benchmade as well. I accidentally threw my last knife (Kershaw) into the dumpster when breaking down boxes (it slipped out of my hand). There was no way that I was going to retrieve it. Angry

45 16,310
 11-01-2012, 09:08 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Favorite is SPYDERCO Cricket but I had knife aquisition disorder before RAD so you name it and I probably have it...I have some real beauties to protect the Cave and admire...one day I,ll learn how to post a picture of my collection(s)CoolSmile

6 1,913
 11-02-2012, 04:58 AM
User Info
[/quote]

I am currently using a Benchmade as well. I accidentally threw my last knife (Kershaw) into the dumpster when breaking down boxes (it slipped out of my hand). There was no way that I was going to retrieve it. Angry
[/quote]

Um, so exactly which dumpster was it? You know, just wondering - cough, cough...Rolleyes

6 323
 11-02-2012, 11:30 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info

[/quote]

Um, so exactly which dumpster was it? You know, just wondering - cough, cough...Rolleyes
[/quote]

One that smelled really bad (it was a 90 degree day so plenty of things rotting).

45 16,310
 11-02-2012, 12:45 PM
User Info
Even though I sharpen straight razors, I've given up on knives. Now I just use a Gerber box cutter.

9 2,988
 11-02-2012, 04:10 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Exactly...use a box cutter to open boxes (short,pointed and replaceable blade)and a razor to shave with and a pocket knife for emergencies.It will open boxes but that is not the best use for a pocket knife unless it is a Spyderco cricket or something similar (short pointed and serrated blade)Cool

6 1,913
 11-02-2012, 05:18 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(11-02-2012, 04:10 PM)Harvey Wrote: Exactly...use a box cutter to open boxes (short,pointed and replaceable blade)and a razor to shave with and a pocket knife for emergencies.It will open boxes but that is not the best use for a pocket knife unless it is a Spyderco cricket or something similar (short pointed and serrated blade)Cool

But Box Cutters are not as much fun. Tongue

45 16,310
 11-02-2012, 06:13 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Then use a MACHETE !!!! (I have almost as many knives as razors) so if you ever need something "special" let me know (we could trade)CoolBiggrinSmile

6 1,913