11-02-2012, 07:11 AM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
I thought it would be fun to hear from some of us new guys about our progress in our newfangled wet shaving experience... A way for the vets to see just how well they have been coaching us along... And also maybe get us straight if we've hit a few bumps in the road....

I'll go 1st:
I've been DE shaving for around 5/6 weeks. I started out ok with doing some research before starting. Since then I learned about prepping my face, hot towels, using PSOs, face lathering, blade to face angle, face mapping, post shave care. I am currently on a quest to find my go to blade and am doing well there. I have about doubled the size of my modest nook so I have the AD. My skills are definitely improving as I am getting good close shaves with less passes and the same results. I've had my share of cuts, nicks and weepers. An ingrown or 2 but I haven't used the styptic pencil in a few weeks. My skin is looking healthy and I am confident in my appearance. (Not trying to say I'm pretty but more of a "good lookin' ugly")...lol. I am at a point where I know what I want to get out of wet shaving. I am achieving my goals.

As such I verily want to thank all of you vets who have helped and encouraged me along the way as I have taking my baby steps. Thanks to The Shave Nook crew. This is something I will hone and improve and will use for the rest of my days...

5 1,151
 11-02-2012, 07:34 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(11-02-2012, 07:11 AM)savagejoerude Wrote: I thought it would be fun to hear from some of us new guys about our progress in our newfangled wet shaving experience... A way for the vets to see just how well they have been coaching us along... And also maybe get us straight if we've hit a few bumps in the road....

I'll go 1st:
I've been DE shaving for around 5/6 weeks. I started out ok with doing some research before starting. Since then I learned about prepping my face, hot towels, using PSOs, face lathering, blade to face angle, face mapping, post shave care. I am currently on a quest to find my go to blade and am doing well there. I have about doubled the size of my modest nook so I have the AD. My skills are definitely improving as I am getting good close shaves with less passes and the same results. I've had my share of cuts, nicks and weepers. An ingrown or 2 but I haven't used the styptic pencil in a few weeks. My skin is looking healthy and I am confident in my appearance. (Not trying to say I'm pretty but more of a "good lookin' ugly")...lol. I am at a point where I know what I want to get out of wet shaving. I am achieving my goals.

As such I verily want to thank all of you vets who have helped and encouraged me along the way as I have taking my baby steps. Thanks to The Shave Nook crew. This is something I will hone and improve and will use for the rest of my days...

Nice progress report. It is good to hear when young folks acknowledge that the older generation knows what they are talking about.

I have been wet shaving for 2,652 weeks. You do the math.Smile

173 23,500
 11-02-2012, 07:57 AM
User Info
(11-02-2012, 07:34 AM)Johnny Wrote: Nice progress report. It is good to hear when young folks acknowledge that the older generation knows what they are talking about.

I have been wet shaving for 2,652 years. You do the math.Smile

FTFY. Tongue Winky

31 7,912
 11-02-2012, 08:03 AM
User Info
Thanks for the progress report. I'm glad you're doing so well.

183 12,002
 11-02-2012, 08:05 AM
User Info
Well done. I certainly wasn't having those good results in such a short time when I started.

31 7,912
 11-02-2012, 08:06 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(11-02-2012, 07:57 AM)SharpSpine Wrote:
(11-02-2012, 07:34 AM)Johnny Wrote: Nice progress report. It is good to hear when young folks acknowledge that the older generation knows what they are talking about.

FTFY. Tongue Winky

Cool 24

88 4,233
 11-02-2012, 09:47 AM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
(11-02-2012, 07:34 AM)Johnny Wrote:
(11-02-2012, 07:11 AM)savagejoerude Wrote: I thought it would be fun to hear from some of us new guys about our progress in our newfangled wet shaving experience... A way for the vets to see just how well they have been coaching us along... And also maybe get us straight if we've hit a few bumps in the road....

I'll go 1st:

Nice progress report. It is good to hear when young folks acknowledge that the older generation knows what they are talking about.

I have been wet shaving for 2,652 weeks. You do the math.Smile

Golly Johnny, You were shaving for 52 weeks before I was born....lol

(11-02-2012, 08:06 AM)beartrap Wrote:
(11-02-2012, 07:57 AM)SharpSpine Wrote:

FTFY. Tongue Winky

Cool 24
Geez Steve that means Johnny taught the Pharaoh's wet shaving..... What a guy!!!

5 1,151
 11-02-2012, 12:04 PM
  • clk
  • Louisville, Kentucky
User Info
Been wet shaving for 30 years, but its gotten more fun latelyBiggrin

0 230
 11-02-2012, 12:36 PM
User Info
Glad to hear it SJR! Thumbsup

32 6,308