11-02-2012, 10:52 AM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
[Image: 2e0oe3c.jpg]

WINNER! - A28!!!

As you all may already know me and many other gents on this forum are growing 'staches and taking donation for Movember which go to support Men's Health Awareness, Prostate Cancer Research and other cancer initiatives.

This contest is for a Newbie Start Up Kit which would be great if you're just starting out or if you know someone who is or has been wanting to! The kit includes the following:

- (1) 1940's User grade Gillette no date code Super Speed

- (1) The Art of Shaving (unscented) kit: Pre-Shave Oil .5 fl oz, Shaving Cream 1 fl oz, Pure Badger Shaving Brush and After Shave Balm .5 fl oz

- (1) Small Pyrex bowl that will work perfect with the brush.

- An assorted blade lot: Derby, Sharks Super Chrome, Personna Med Preps, Astra SP's, Gillette 7 O'clock (Blacks), Personna Reds, Polsilver/Iridiums and Lords

Other things will find it's way into the "Newbie Lot" as the month progresses.

---Items added to the "Newbie Lot":---

- (1) Gem Featherweight Single Edge Razor - This razor is in excellent condition and appears to have never been used. It comes with (4) Treet Super single edge blades.

- (1) Sample of Truefitt & Hill "Trafalgar" Shaving Cream & aftershave balm

- (1) Van Der Hagen Soap Puck - Glycerin - Vitamin E & Oat Extract for sensitive skin prone to razor burn.

- (1) Van Der Hagen Soap Puck - Deluxe - Aloe Vera & Shea Butter for dry skin, good for heavier beards.

- Mama Bear's "Seasonal" Shaving Soap samplers: In (1) of each of the following scents: Oak Leaves & Acorn, Gingerbread, Welcome Home, Spiced Apple Cider, Christmas Rose and Frankincense & Myrrh.

All of this could be yours for just a $5 donation!

Instructions:
To enter just follow the "Donate" link below and make a minimum $5 donation!

-Where it asks for your info put your First Name then where it asks for your Last Name put in your Shave Nook name so I can keep track of who's entering. Also post in this thread "I donated to the mo!".

-You can donate using any major credit card or through paypal
Donate

-This will run for the rest of "mo"vember (11/30) then each participant will be given a number in order in which they post in this thread and a winner will be chosen via random.org on December 1st.

-This is also open to anyone and everyone. Will ship worldwide.

Donate

[Image: 5b8zuv.jpg]
[Image: amfuj8.jpg]

BONUS: 0 Arko lots left!

The first (3) donors will automatically receive the following!

- (1) Stick of Arko
- (1) Gillette 7 O'Clock (blacks) aka Ninjas
- (1) Movember "Moustache is King" Wristband!

(The Arko Lots will ship immediately!)

All of the Arko lots are spoken for! ...but you can still donate for the chance to win the "Newbie Lot"!!!

[Image: 2d7ej6f.jpg]

53 555
 11-03-2012, 09:41 AM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
You can follow by 'stache progress throughout the month of Movember here.

53 555
 11-04-2012, 01:39 PM
User Info
I donated to the mo!

Great contest, good luck to all the participants! Thank you for the donations and vendors as well!

Stay safe in the states!

2 127
 11-04-2012, 02:02 PM
User Info
I donated to the Mo. Fifteen bucks on its way to you.

0 87
 11-04-2012, 02:31 PM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
(11-04-2012, 01:39 PM)HiFromAfghanist Wrote: I donated to the mo!

Great contest, good luck to all the participants! Thank you for the donations and vendors as well!

Stay safe in the states!

Thanks for your generous donation and your service! Thoughts and prayers are with you and all our armed forces men and women.

Being one of the first three donors you automatically receive (1) of the Arko lots!

(11-04-2012, 02:02 PM)Shiny Wrote: I donated to the Mo. Fifteen bucks on its way to you.

Thanks for your most generous donation!

Also being one of the first 3 to donate you receive (1) of the Arko lots!

Enjoy!

53 555
 11-13-2012, 01:54 PM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
Ok, we've got two guys in on the contest so far.

1. HiFromAfghanist
2. Shiny

There's still (1) more Arko lot up for grabs that will go to the person who makes the next donation! in addition to being entered in the contest for the "newbie lot".

Also, I'll be updating the "newbie lot" with a few more items real soon so stay tuned!

53 555
 11-15-2012, 10:58 AM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
Items added to the "Newbie Lot"!!!

- (1) Gem Featherweight Single Edge Razor - This razor is in excellent condition and appears to have never been used. It comes with (4) Treet Super single edge blades.

- (1) Sample of Truefitt & Hill "Trafalgar" Shaving Cream & aftershave balm

- (1) Van Der Hagen Soap Puck - Glycerin - Vitamin E & Oat Extract for sensitive skin prone to razor burn.

- (1) Van Der Hagen Soap Puck - Deluxe - Aloe Vera & Shea Butter for dry skin, good for heavier beards.

- Mama Bear's "Seasonal" Shaving Soap samplers: In (1) of each of the following scents: Oak Leaves & Acorn, Gingerbread, Welcome Home, Spiced Apple Cider, Christmas Rose and Frankincense & Myrrh.

53 555
 11-23-2012, 09:19 PM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
So far we have (2) guys in the contest. Lets see if we can't up the number a little...

In honor of the last week of Movember I'm lowering the minimum donation to $5!!!

Don't miss this opportunity to donate to a great cause as well as win some great shaving items in the process.

53 555
 11-23-2012, 10:32 PM
  • A28
User Info
Hey I donated to the Mo!
I hope others hope to donate as wellBiggrin

3 316
 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
Ok, there's less than a day and a half left and there's only 3 participants in the contest which means your chances of winning are pretty high so enter the contest and donate asap!

I'll be accepting entries until tomorrow 12pm CST Sat 12/1/12 and shortly after I'll announce the winner!

Thanks to those who have entered so far, your donations are very much appreciated!

Contestants:
1. HiFromAfghanist
2. Shiny
3. A28

53 555
 12-01-2012, 10:11 AM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
And the winner is...!!!! A28!!! Congrats!!!

I want to thank those who entered the contest! We raised around $30 for cancer research!

[Image: 2uelbtk.jpg]

53 555
 12-01-2012, 10:15 AM
User Info
Well done A28 a good cause supported.

0 87
 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM
  • A28
User Info
Thank you very much!!!! I wish more would have donated but am very happy to have won the contest!!! Look forward to getting the stuff thanks for letting me take part in the contest.

3 316
 12-01-2012, 12:38 PM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
Congrats! Again A28!

Got the package all wrapped up and ready to send! I also threw something a little extra in there. Hope you enjoy!

[Image: 2eq3ouw.jpg]

53 555
 12-01-2012, 12:47 PM
  • A28
User Info
Awesome!!! Biggrin hey I like the sticker look forward to trying out the razors especially the Gem I've never used oneSmile

3 316
 12-01-2012, 01:50 PM
User Info
Congrats A28, enjoy it well and thanks for donating!

2 127
 12-01-2012, 07:06 PM
User Info
Congratulations!

75 20,883