11-03-2012, 11:50 PM
User Info
How strongly perfumed is this SC?

I hadn't heard of it prior to my recently making an order on Shaveabuck.

I'm a very rose-oriented guy, love T&H's cream the best thus far.

I could use a louder scent, however; and from what I gather, this may be more strongly scented than the competition.

What are your experiences?

0 257
 11-04-2012, 02:17 AM
User Info
I'm not particularly enamored with rose scents but the Rose of Bulgaria shaving cream scent is both pleasant and strong. It also lathers easily with good glide but so-so cushion. It's made by Bio-Fresh http://www.biofresh-bg.com/ in Bulgaria which is a relatively new company with products based on the famous Bulgarian Rose http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_Valley,_Bulgaria . I think you'll enjoy the cream.

Another strong and unique rose-type scented cream recommendation would be Domenico Caraceni 1913 if you can get your hands on some. It's discontinued. My favorite of the rose scents.

15 75
 11-04-2012, 05:50 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
It's pretty strongly-perfumed, but guess what - to my nose, it's NOT a rosy scent at all. I personally think it's not a nice scent at all. It has other excellent features, such as the lather and skincare.

3 2,561
 11-04-2012, 07:08 AM
User Info
I can't address the Rose of Bulgaria, but Harris Rose is outstanding. I thought I liked Taylor's (no I did like it, a lot) but then I compared it to Harris's version and that was it.

24 1,150
 11-04-2012, 08:32 AM
User Info
TOBS Rose was pretty strongly scented to me.

12 1,243
 11-04-2012, 08:34 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
I forgot to mention that Bio Fresh Cosmetics produces several other creams such as Pika, Spatia, and Mystic. The Mystic and Pika creams, as well as the Rose of Bulgaria creams contain menthol, (yeah, right!) but there isn't even the slightest cooling effect. I could easily forgive that because these creams are fabulous performers. Overall, Bulgaria produces outstanding, top-quality creams and aftershaves. The red package is the Pika, and the blue one is the Spatia.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,561
 11-04-2012, 10:47 AM
User Info
I'll go with TOBS, in the future. Have been buying in excess of late. Thanks.

Taylors puts out the best SC, IMO. Denser and less expensive than the competition, it's unbeatable in its class.

Only Castle Forbes is better.

0 257
 11-04-2012, 11:10 AM
User Info
(11-04-2012, 10:47 AM)boYexTRAORDINaRE Wrote: I'll go with TOBS, in the future. Have been buying in excess of late. Thanks.

Taylors puts out the best SC, IMO. Denser and less expensive than the competition, it's unbeatable in its class.

Only Castle Forbes is better.

I couldn't agree more. It's excellent and a great value.

24 1,150