11-04-2012, 09:25 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
I have put together a kit including a Merkur 37C slant I bought a month or so ago, a Simpson Commodore X1B best badger brush and a 10-pack of Feather Hi-Stainless blades. Add your own soap or I will include at no additional charge a puck of VDH soap in the pictures. I am asking $100 $90 shipped to CONUS. Outside CONUS I will work with the buyer to cover cost of shipping.

Condition of the items is as follows.

Razor was purchased brand-new from SuperiorShave last month. I have shaved exactly 4 times with it and have cleaned off any and all soap residue that those few shaves produced. The original packaging as well as a sample blade are included. The sample blade is not the specific one that came with the razor (I used that one to try the razor with), but exactly the same Merkur blade from my personal stores. This razor is pretty much brand new. I love this razor, but am just not using it. I see these have gone out of stock in most places, so rather than collect dust in my den I would like it to do its duty as a fantastic razor it is. This thing shaves beautifully. Efficient but feels as mild as its straight bar cousin, the 34C.

The brush is in perfect shape and does not shed at all. I bought it used and used it regularly for a few weeks before getting a Case and realizing I like that better. This brush comes with its original box and instructions.

Soap has been lathered exactly once and is in its original package.

Blades are unopened in the dispenser. I can substitute these or make up a sample pack out of the following upon request:

Super Max Super Platinum
Astra Super Platinum

Here are the pictures.

[attachment=7822]

[attachment=7823]

[attachment=7824]

[attachment=7825]

[attachment=7826]

25 1,705
 11-04-2012, 09:58 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Nice deal

100 12,448
 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM
User Info
Those Slants are terrific shavers. I used one every day until I went to straights a year ago. It is a gold one and whimpers each day when I reach for one of my straights. Rolleyes

6 323
 11-13-2012, 08:24 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Bump for a price drop. Was $100 shipped to CONUS. Now $90 shipped to CONUS.

25 1,705
 11-14-2012, 12:04 AM
User Info
Great way to start DE shaving with top notch equipment. The slant is my favorite DE razor.

0 282
 11-14-2012, 01:03 PM
  • P Funk
  • I can only carry 50 chickens at a time
  • Bay Area, NorCal
User Info
This a great deal - great razor, brush, blades. Someone should jump on this...

19 591
 11-27-2012, 10:03 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
I will be breaking up the kit and selling the brush separately, but keeping the slant for now. It seems the 37C is out of stock in most places and I really like this razor, so will keep it for now.

Thanks!

Mods, please archive this thread.

25 1,705