11-04-2012, 12:45 PM
User Info
Well, after three shaves with the new hard soap from TFS with the Lime e Spezie scent, I think it was time for a review.

Let me start with some "management of expectations" here:

If you're the guy who needs his Ketchup hotter with every time you use it, this may not be the soap for you.

Lime and Spezie has less scent than most soaps. I can easily compare to TFS Bergamoto Neroli, which is a nice scent but as soon as you open the jar, you can smell what it is like. Not with the Lime and Spezie.
Even more so because the hard soaps seem to kind of "hide" the scent until you start lathering. And this is where the Lime and Spezie does not hold back! A couple of swirls will give you a brush full of soap to start facelathering and then the lather just gets more and more.

Just then I noticed the fresh lime scent, but it is not a "cold" fresh scent, it is a subtle freshness. And the spices seem (to my nose) sweeten the fresh scent a little.

The glide, well, I really can't tell if this is better than other TFS soaps. I think there is a difference to the basic barbe rosse and barbe blu, but the others all have similar great glide-properties.

I noticed that on the 2nd pass, I didn't feel any "stinging" that I sometimes have with other soaps. So I think it is also very subtle in that aspect, a bit like the Cuore di Lavanda.

The moisturizing effect of this soap is very good to me. I didn't use an aftershave balm, but my face feels great and natural afterwards.

I could have done two more passes with the lather that was left, but I didn't need it.

Ofcourse, as a general notice, your nose and face may feel different and I am far from impartial to TFS soaps as you will know.

Nevertheless, I hope this might help in deciding if you want / need this soap.

Bye,

Eric

[Image: TFS_Scheerzeep___508eb0aee9195.png]

0 224
 11-04-2012, 03:50 PM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Thank you for the review Eric. It is much appreciated!

I just saw this scent listed on the Bullgoose site and it looked delicious. Smile

I look forward to trying it as well as other TFS soaps and croaps.
My only exposure so far has been the RazoRock LaFamiglia line and those are just fantastic.

6 905
 11-04-2012, 05:17 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Nice perspective on the soap, thanks for your input!

88 4,233
 11-04-2012, 09:23 PM
User Info
Thanks for the review.

75 20,883
 11-05-2012, 12:21 AM
User Info
I love the TFS soft soaps I've tried (most of them), but I dunno if I can get myself to try their hard soap. Generally, not my favorite type of soap. Would you say that they work just as well and lather just as well as the soft soaps?

Also, and please forgive me for being confused, are you saying that this soaps scent is generally milder than their other offerings?

4 253
 11-05-2012, 07:25 AM
User Info
(11-05-2012, 12:21 AM)CyberJCM Wrote: I love the TFS soft soaps I've tried (most of them), but I dunno if I can get myself to try their hard soap. Generally, not my favorite type of soap. Would you say that they work just as well and lather just as well as the soft soaps?

Also, and please forgive me for being confused, are you saying that this soaps scent is generally milder than their other offerings?
Hi John,

Thanks for asking.

I think the hard soaps work very very well. I think they would last longer but their weight is more ofourse. But the lather you get from these hard soaps is very generous. You won't be disappointed.

And yes, I consider the Lime and Spezie milder than their other scents. If you know the Cuore di Lavanda, it is more in that territory than the Bergamotto Neroli or Tabacco Verde.

Bye,

Eric

0 224
 11-05-2012, 12:53 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Eric, someone had sent me a sample Barbbe Rosa, I was very impressed.
A great review of soap that is on my wish list.

1 3,507