11-05-2012, 10:21 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
I recently picked up another bottle of this after shave.It is $5.95 for 15 oz/563 ml.A fair price.Ingredients are:deionized water,sd alcohol 40,glycerin,boric acid,fragrance,menthol,color.

This product is considered to be Master's equivalent of Pinauds Lilac Vegetal by many.That is, it is an odd scent(no cat pee though) while in the bottle.That is a fair assessment.To my nose there is lilac,pine and menthol.I guess it is meant to evoke a cool breeze blowing over forest and flowered meadows.It also has the Veg's morphing quality,some days it settles down to a nice pleasant scent, other days not so good.HuhThe combination of scents is understandable ,Master's produces a pine scent a/s(Focus),a Lilac Vegetal and has menthol in others.So there you go,create another a/s by blending some of your existing stock.

In use:It has glycerin to sooth the face,and a nice dose of cooling from the menthol.Alcohol and boric acid to sterilize any nicks.A little burn and some cooling that outlasts the burn by a fair bit.It is an effective a/s.

Most days it settles down to a floral scent (lilac) with some depth added by the pine backnotes.So basically it is MENTHOLATED LILAC VEGETAL!!!

Did that cause any brain bleeding or heads to explode ?

Longevity is good -12+ hours (in fact it can stay around too long)with a bit of projection.

So to sum it up.It has moisturizing,sterilizing,longevity,moderate projection and definite cooling.All at a good price.

I know there are some vendors out there who produce Lilac shave cream and soaps in regular and menthol versions that would probably pair well with this.

p.s.
I would not use it every day but it is a welcome change in the rotation from the standard after shaves out there.

0 275
 11-05-2012, 10:37 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
I was checking out Master after shaves today on some of the barber supply sites. They have some in 1 oz. bottles for $1. You can buy that stuff by the gallon for like $24..lol..I thought of ordering some to try the different scents... (The $1 ones). Your review has been helpful... Thanks

5 1,151
 11-09-2012, 11:15 AM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
No problem,thanks for the feedback.I own quite a few aftershave splashes(including most of the Masters) and plan on posting weekly reviews.

0 275