11-06-2012, 02:38 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
I had heard of this cream from a thread here and I took a chance and ordered seven tubs of cream. I know it was risky not having read any reviews or seen any photos of lather, but I like to take risks once in a while.

Anyway, the consistency of the cream is more like a croap (a hard paste). I had to try a few test lathers before I got the lather to my liking. This cream is kind of tricky to lather, in fact, it's one of the trickiest to me.

I started by taking a little scoop out of the tub and placing it in my wet palm. Then I swirled my brush over the top of the soap for about ten seconds. I proceeded to palm lather and at first just got a really thin lather but I can tell that it wasn't lacking slickness. After dipping my brush back and forth in water I found that the lather had gotten thicker and was just the way I like it. This has got to be one of the thirstiest soap/creams that I've encountered. You should not be shy with the amount of water you use with this cream.

I haven't shaved using this wonderful cream yet, but when I do I can tell you that this cream is going to provide me with a really slick, protective, and comfortable shave. All in all, I'm happy with my purchase and have three more scents in mind.

[Image: 20ts7x5.jpg]

[Image: 345g86u.jpg]

[Image: ws71og.jpg]

10 1,120
 11-06-2012, 03:17 PM
User Info
Report back on how it shaves - this will be interesting. Nice lather there.

6 323
 11-06-2012, 05:52 PM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
7 Tubs ... Yep you are a Shaving Soap Addict.

Let us know what it is like.

1 819
 11-07-2012, 12:56 AM
  • SLB04
  • Schalksmühle
User Info
It does take some work to lather Olivia's cremas but when you see the shiny thick lather on the last picture you know that it is worth the effort.

Did you also order the Crème de la Crème? This cream is easier to lather.

Enjoy the creams.

1 374
 11-07-2012, 01:53 AM
User Info
That looks like some great soap and a great lather! Maybe I can get something like that soon after enough practice!

What other scents did you order, Mike?

2 127
 11-07-2012, 01:33 PM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(11-06-2012, 03:17 PM)Captain Capsize Wrote: Report back on how it shaves - this will be interesting. Nice lather there.

Will do when I get a chance.

(11-07-2012, 12:56 AM)SLB04 Wrote: Did you also order the Crème de la Crème? This cream is easier to lather.

I didn't order that one, just two options. Maybe in the near future.

(11-07-2012, 01:53 AM)HiFromAfghanist Wrote: What other scents did you order, Mike?

These are the scents I own, as described on her website:
  • Ambra (pictured above) - Balsamic, sweet, and warm.
  • Churchill - Different citruses on woody bases.
  • Wet Lizzi - Vetiver, lime, and lemon.
  • Eichermoos - Blossoms and woods round up oakmoss. (my personal favorite)
  • Rolling Stone - Oakmoss and bergamot.
  • Caddy - Elegant green tweed type scent.
  • Farn - Authentic fougere, clean and fresh with a hint of lemon.

10 1,120
 11-07-2012, 03:12 PM
User Info
I'm often reminded why I don't often visit shaving forums.
After seeing threads about soaps/creams, I'm quite tempted to buy them all, so I generally avoid going to those types of websites.

I'll have to bookmark Olivia's site.

0 7
 11-07-2012, 06:17 PM
User Info
Eichermoos sounds quite amazing. I've got my eye out for something that smells of cedar wood though as it brings good memories back for me.

2 127
 11-08-2012, 09:27 AM
User Info
I've just purchased some of the unscented/ natural cream... now just patiently waiting....Eusa_whistle

0 235
 11-09-2012, 06:21 PM
  • MickToley
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(11-08-2012, 09:27 AM)Str8 Shaver Wrote: I've just purchased some of the unscented/ natural cream... now just patiently waiting....Eusa_whistle

I just purchased three more yesterday, Bay rum (spicy with carnation), Dark rhassoul (warm vanilla on wooden base), and Beausoleil (herbaceous, woody fresh). She won't ship until Monday, I believe.

10 1,120
 04-11-2015, 10:02 PM
User Info
Definitely the trickiest cream to lather. I've only tried twice now and still unsuccessful. I will get it down when I have the time. The scents are fantastic though.  

46 1,102
 06-11-2015, 12:30 AM
User Info
I don't understand why she doesn't make all her fantastic scents in the Creme De La Creme base? It is so much easier to lather. A lot less effort. Anyways I got the lathering down sometime ago. Great stuff and still being used. I hope you are still enjoying all your Tubs!!

EDIT: Just realized this thread was from 2012!

46 1,102