11-07-2012, 03:11 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Can anyone describe what the BARBASOL "Floating" head is? I know about the curve at the ends and the aggressive 'teeth" but what makes the head "float" . The blade does not move nor is the curve particularily unusual so what is "floating" Just does not make sense why they call it by that name. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks HarveyHuhHuhHuhHuh

6 1,913
 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
I've never used one so I can't say for sure but from what I understand on the floating head model the blade doesn't rest on the saftey bar because of that curve; while on the non-floating head model it does.

Yohann did a review a while back. http://shavenook.com/thread-off-beat-raz...ating-head

2 505
 11-07-2012, 07:00 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
I wonder if it is similar to the Muhle R41 ...also has a lot of blade exposed..perhaps that is why it is so "aggressive"...I guess "float" means "rest on top of"...Thanks for the link. I don,t even have one of these..just wondered. Lightbulb

6 1,913
 11-07-2012, 07:23 PM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
Heres a pic of mine with a blade loaded it does not rest on the bar
[Image: c71d0ceb.jpg]

115 1,692
 11-07-2012, 08:01 PM
User Info
(11-07-2012, 07:00 PM)Harvey Wrote: I wonder if it is similar to the Muhle R41 ...also has a lot of blade exposed..perhaps that is why it is so "aggressive"...I guess "float" means "rest on top of"...Thanks for the link. I don,t even have one of these..just wondered. Lightbulb

* Harvey, i found the Barbasol milder than the R41, no comparison. The Barbasol was a smoother shaver, but quite aggressive. The R41 is just "aggressive" and nothing more; for me, it was never smooth, just an effective razor that ended up being too much for a daily shaver. Good luck to you.

75 20,883