11-08-2012, 06:51 PM
User Info
Today I picked up these. Only listing the most interesting starts with the first row which has 7 W&B's,, another Dbl. Duck Goldedge ( no gold but great condition),,,3 Jos. Allen NON XLLs' ,,,,Henry Sears & sons "Queen" ,,, 2 De-Fi's,,,,one with a crown stamped Russian Steel,,,a Mondesir(?),,,2 Torry's....2 Robeson Shuredges...a Red Imp,,,an early Jos. Elliot,, a F. Reynolds,,and 2 more Ivories.
I couldn't believe the silly prices on these things!

0 772
 11-08-2012, 07:02 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
Great haul! Do you sell the razors you restore?

10 1,120
 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM
User Info
(11-08-2012, 07:02 PM)MickToley Wrote: Great haul! Do you sell the razors you restore?

Michael,
Over the years I've sold 2 of my razors and I still miss them dearly! So , no,, I don't sell my razors. I'm a cross between "American Pickers" and "Hoarders".
Seriously,, I'm working not on a 7 Day set,, but a 365 day set. Probably more as my collecting seems to be going.
But I've restored more than my share for others as well regardless how busy my collecting/restoring keeps me.

0 772
 11-08-2012, 07:26 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
And here I thought I had a problem owning 16 straights. 24

So, if I wanted a restoration done by you would that be possible?

10 1,120
 11-08-2012, 07:51 PM
User Info
(11-08-2012, 07:26 PM)MickToley Wrote: So, if I wanted a restoration done by you would that be possible?

Oh, you haven't lived until you get one back from Mark that you sent in. This I have done more than once and methinks he has one (two?) of mine presently that are in the lineup for work. (Mark and I take turns reminding each other and between the two of us I seem to send money and he returns razors to me so it works. Biggrin)

6 323
 11-08-2012, 08:55 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
Carver

Some years back on another forum you said " hauls call out to me" . I believed it then and especially now, thats an exceptional straight haul, amazing. Enjoy.Smile

15 541
 11-08-2012, 09:26 PM
User Info
Mark, wow, you sure know how to find nice stuff! Enjoy!

75 20,884
 11-09-2012, 12:46 AM
  • DoubleB
  • Zeeland, The Netherlands
User Info
Wow! Nice razors!
Where do you keep finding those razors?

5 447
 11-09-2012, 06:20 AM
User Info
Yes Hanzo, you are correct. They do "call out to me". Or to my car anyway. It seems to know where to go to find them. And it's a very rare case when I'll spend more than $10.00 for any blade.
Basically I made it into a networking type thing such as when people are looking for a job. The more eyes and ears that are out there looking for me so much the better.I get leads from all sorts of places and find them in places nobody would ever consider looking. My recent example of finding my mint Dbl. Duck Goldedge,in the orig. box along with a mint Robeson Shur edge for $30.00,,, in a used book store. That's for both. And the lady who owned the place said she "knew the value of these razors" and wouldn't budge on the price. Like I cared but I still had to haggle a bit for effect! And yes,, I went ahead and broke my $10.00 rule per razor in this case.
Then too I frequent the common antique malls and such. Recently a friend ,, also a collector,, visited a mall and said to me "they don't have any razors there",, I went latter that day and found 6. Why? They call out to me. It amazes my wife when I walk into a place, and for some reason go right to a spot where there are razors. It's weird how it happens.And quite often.

The majority of these razors in this haul ran around $5.00 ea. Who wouldn't buy them? Only the one W&B and the Goldedge were a bit more at 15, and 17 if I remember correctly. It ultimately doesn't matter though does it?

0 772
 11-18-2012, 02:47 PM
User Info
(11-08-2012, 07:10 PM)mycarver Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 07:02 PM)MickToley Wrote: Great haul! Do you sell the razors you restore?

Michael,
Over the years I've sold 2 of my razors and I still miss them dearly! So , no,, I don't sell my razors. I'm a cross between "American Pickers" and "Hoarders".
Seriously,, I'm working not on a 7 Day set,, but a 365 day set. Probably more as my collecting seems to be going.
But I've restored more than my share for others as well regardless how busy my collecting/restoring keeps me.

Which razor is going to be used on the extra day on a leap year?
your work is icredible, I enjoy your posts immensly.

6 808
 11-18-2012, 04:32 PM
User Info
Oh Galhatz.. you just threw a wrench into the works. I didn't consider that.
Now I have to buy another razor,,,, Oh boo-hoo!
But I think it has to be something either really special as it will only come up in rotation every 4 yrs..... or a real piece of cr*p that I won't want to see for another 4 yrs.

0 772