11-10-2012, 05:44 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
Got hold of a bottle of Jeris Hair Tonic w/ oil a couple weeks ago. I had not used any kind off hair tonic since the early 70's. I've had long hair ever since. I always thought you didn't need tonic on long hair. Well my thoughts have changed when I was looking at the bottle in the store... Until the 19teens some gents still sported long hair. I'm sure they used some kind of tonic. In the old west long hair was common...So I purchased the bottle. ($3.95 cheap too)... I LOVE THIS STUFF !!! My hair is relatively curly and to get a comb through it was never easy. If I brushed it dry it became a big frizz. I can now comb/brush my hair without instant Fro. I like the way it feels in my hair and my hair isn't as unruly as my hair always has been. I usually keep it in a pony tail but when I perform I let it fly... It really looks and feels great... Man was my head in the sand... I'll be using this product and perhaps try some others....

5 1,151
 11-16-2012, 08:01 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
This definitely is fantastic stuff. Minimal holding properties for me but I like the way my hair and scalp feel and the scent is just barbershop amazing!

It is terrific used before an unscented pomade. That way, it adds some hold to the pomade, makes the pomade go in easier and it helps retain the Jeris scent for most if not all of the day.
Good call Savage!

6 905
 11-18-2012, 09:55 AM
  • Johnny
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Good lord, I have not thought about Jeris Hair Tonic in years. Actually I have not thought anything about hair, other than shampoo for many years. Well, that is about to change. My wife says to let it grow as she wants to see my silver locs. So I may have to revisit my old friend Jeris.

173 23,285
 12-12-2013, 10:45 AM
  • Deco
  • シングルエッジ
  • Rocky Mountains
User Info
Grabbed a bottle. Smells good. Has a bit of stick when pressing palms together. Looks promising.

1 239
 12-13-2013, 02:09 PM
User Info
I might have tried Jeris years ago but can't remember (old age). I am glad companies are still making old school products.

98 12,353
 04-09-2014, 01:30 AM
User Info
Beer.It is also good as a styling product just wash your hair and rinse.then pour beer in your hair work it all through your hair blow dry and curl.

0 10