11-10-2012, 07:29 PM
  • Samjax
  • Clearwater, Florida
User Info
I will probably regret doing this...since it took me so stinking long to finally get one; but I'm going to put my Gem Damaskeene Open Comb on the chopping block. I've shaved with it a total of 3 or 4 times and while it's an exceptionally nice - fairly aggressive razor; it's just not seeing much face time. These are fairly rare and not particularly cheap.

If you're a SE kind of guy - this is about as good as it gets.

Asking $155 shipped CONUS. I am including a new box of 100 Ted Pella PTFE SE blades with this sale - so you will be set for the better part of 1 to 2 years. I also have the original box for the Damaskeene that will be included as well.

Paypal Only Please

[attachment=7994]

[attachment=7995]

29 466
 11-10-2012, 09:06 PM
User Info
Wow, sounds like a coveted razor any SE fan would love to have. GLWTS!

2 127
 11-11-2012, 06:15 AM
User Info
This is a rare and excellent razor. It is one of my favorites in my rotation. I have thought several times of getting rid of all my other razors and just using this one everyday, and still might. Great that you included blades and case. Makes for a nice present.

6 230
 11-11-2012, 06:19 AM
User Info
Wow, this is the first time I've seen one of these for sale. Someone better buy this before Samjax changes his mind. With my recent brush purchases I don't have the coin for this plus I'm still hoping to find it out in the wild as I have with every other SE I own.

GLWTS!

31 7,912
 11-11-2012, 04:54 PM
User Info
Hmm. This is a nice, rare razor, as noted, but the asking price may be a bit steep. I speak from experience - I've had four of these, and sold three, so I know what I'm talking about.

The rareness makes it a lot more expensive than a regular Damaskeene razor, but I'd say a price about half what you're asking is more realistic.

Of course, prices could have risen since I last sold one (earlier this year).

37 1,731
 11-11-2012, 07:38 PM
  • Samjax
  • Clearwater, Florida
User Info
Yohann,

Thanks for the update.

I have zero interest in selling it for 1/2 of my asking price. However, since you have pretty much killed this thread - I will ask the moderators to archive it.

Thanks again.

Tom Mitchell

29 466
 11-11-2012, 07:46 PM
User Info
Tom,

I'm sorry that my comment killed the thread. I did think that it was reasonable to alert the membership to the fact that the asking price was a lot more than what is normal for this razor. If it was only slightly higher than usual, I would have said nothing.

37 1,731
 11-11-2012, 07:50 PM
  • Samjax
  • Clearwater, Florida
User Info
Yohann,

Your lack of discretion is unfortunate. A personal message to me would seem to have been a considerably wiser and more thoughtful move.

In any event - your mission has been accomplished.

29 466
 11-11-2012, 08:15 PM
User Info
Tom,

You're right, that would have been a better way to handle things. Again, I apologize for messing the thread up.

37 1,731