11-10-2012, 08:56 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Have any of you ordered from the Strop Shoppe? I ordered one of their Tallow Black Tie soaps over two weeks ago and still haven't received it. I've tried emailing them twice but have not gotten a response. Just wondering if any one else has had this problem. Thanks.

45 3,955
 11-11-2012, 02:36 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I have ordered from them previously. The order took longer than expected and there were no e-mail updates, etc. but I finally got the order without any issues.
The time from placement of the order until receipt was close to two weeks if I recall correctly.

Very nice shave soap. Extremely slick and heavily scented but that dissipates a bit while lathering.

I hope you receive your order soon Travis!

6 905
 11-11-2012, 04:41 PM
User Info
Absolutely love their soaps. Kali is a really nice person. But communication is very problematic. They had issues with their email server, but its been a while. I also have a pending shipment from them and its been more than 2 weeks.

8 279
 11-11-2012, 05:52 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Thanks for the info guys. From the sounds of it this is not unusual and I will hopefully receive it this week. I hope so because I am excited to try it. I follow the leisureguy blog and he says there the best soaps he's ever used.

45 3,955
 11-11-2012, 06:44 PM
User Info
never tried the product, but when inquiring about something the communication was problematic to say the least.

8 2,718
 11-12-2012, 06:37 AM
User Info
I put my order in about two weeks ago. Nonthing still and no response to my email..

12 149
 11-12-2012, 06:44 AM
User Info
This is a bit discouraging as I was starting to get interested in this soap. If they can't get their communication issues worked out then they may be in for a tough road.

31 7,914
 11-12-2012, 08:25 AM
User Info
(11-12-2012, 06:44 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: This is a bit discouraging as I was starting to get interested in this soap. If they can't get their communication issues worked out then they may be in for a tough road.

Agreed..not looking good

12 149
 11-12-2012, 12:19 PM
User Info
Good luck to you, Travis.

75 20,884
 11-12-2012, 02:50 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
I like to receive my stuff in a timely fashion.... Nuf FSaid!!!

5 1,151
 11-12-2012, 03:11 PM
User Info
Are they based in a foreign country?

9 2,988
 11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
User Info
Nope. In Oklahoma.

8 279
 11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I received an email for the owner Kali today saying my soap has been sent and apologizing for the delay. She said she has been swamped because of the leisure guy's reviews and his blog. I follow his blog and I ordered the soap because he says it's out of this world.

45 3,955
 11-12-2012, 05:42 PM
User Info
From leisureguys blog:

"She does work a full-time job in addition to Strop Shoppe and also is married with two young sons. The forums should cut her some slack: she is trying to grow the business so she can do it full-time, but she’s not there yet."

Hope that helps.

8 279
 11-12-2012, 06:17 PM
User Info
(11-12-2012, 05:42 PM)ayodh Wrote: From leisureguys blog:

"She does work a full-time job in addition to Strop Shoppe and also is married with two young sons. The forums should cut her some slack: she is trying to grow the business so she can do it full-time, but she’s not there yet."

Hope that helps.

Makes sense....but I have seen a few people with the same issues.

I think these posts and concerns by people with lack of replies and lack of order confirmation are valid concerns and everyone has a right to know.

If the product is good, the communication issues may not be that big a concern for some.

8 2,718
 11-13-2012, 04:52 PM
User Info
I understand that everybody has their issues......... however, a timely reply to my inquires regarding something that I have already paid for without any response, I think is inconsiderate. You do not have to have individual responses to every inquriy however it would be helpful and a good business sense to post a general time frame for your customers. This is the first time I have ordered something and have no idea when I will be receiving it. As far as cutting her some slack?? Considering her issues. it will definitley be considered when placing any future orders or recommendations regardless of how good the prooduct is.

12 149
 11-13-2012, 07:58 PM
User Info
I can't comment on the communication issues with the vendor, but EHV (Eric) very generously gave me a tin of their Baker Street soap and it blew me away. Well worth trying. Used it last night for the first time, but it's here with me now on the road in NYC as my current road soap.

If you can get past the issues listed above, then you should be happy with what you finally get. Really superior stuff.

5 298
 11-24-2012, 11:44 PM
User Info
Hi guys,

I just wanted to address the issues you have brought up so that we can explain (but not excuse) the issues with shipping and response time.

Firstly, the founder, maker, and manager of the company does work two jobs in addition to running the business. She has been filling two roles in her position for over a year, and only recently have they brought on a replacement for the position she is covering, so she will be better able to make, sell, and ship the soap.

The communications issues do partially come from this, as well as the change over from one email service to another. If you have any issues, you can always use the new email address info@stropshoppe.com.

Additionally, to explain the shipping issues. In order to keep prices lower, we have been using a lower tier USPS rate. This has resulted in more than one lost package, late delivery, and numerous other issues. Because of this, we are going to upgrade to a service that will allow us to generate tracking numbers and increase the speed of delivery. This may incur a higher shipping cost, be we feel that a higher delivery cost is better than frustrated customers.

We are a young and growing business, neither of us have any experience running a business, and so these growing pains are going to occur. Is this an excuse? Absolutely not. There is no excuse for late shipments and poor communication.

Going forward we will work much harder to ensure you get your products in a timely manner and that you are not left out in the cold with information about your delivery.

0 13
 11-24-2012, 11:49 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Welcome to the forum Strop Shoppe! Good to hear that you are addressing concerns. Why don't you stop by the introduction section and tell us about yourself. I think your name is not Strop Shoppe Biggrin

88 4,233
 11-25-2012, 01:37 AM
  • TonyN
  • Lawrenceville, GA US
User Info
I've ordered from Kali in the past and had no issues. Excellent shave soap!

Sorry to hear some of you are having issues, but is sounds like Kali is trying to rectify the situation. Give her a chance and I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with the results of the soap.

1 430