03-21-2012, 07:49 PM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
I've been DE shaving since November '11 and, as great as it is, I am about to embark on a new adventure. A slightly new twist on vintage wetshaving. I was recently blessed with a gracious pif from Itsmedave, a beautiful G type injector that arrived on Monday and my blades arrived today (Yay). Planning on tomorrows shave with injector anticipation. Wish me luck guys. Really looking forward to it.

18 281
 03-21-2012, 08:12 PM
User Info
I've thought about doing that too (as if I need any more shaving gear...). I'll look forward to hearing about your journey.

184 12,002
 03-21-2012, 08:24 PM
User Info
There's a common saying when it comes to injectors...
"It feels like I'm cheating."

Enjoy the shave with the G. I have an E2, I1, & L1. So after the G if you'd like you can try these. Since we're so close we won't have to deal with any shipping charges.

Godspeed. I look forward to hearing how it goes.

31 7,912
 03-21-2012, 08:26 PM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
Thanks Brian I might just take you up on the offer. You getting any sleep yet?

18 281
 03-21-2012, 08:36 PM
User Info
(03-21-2012, 08:26 PM)daccpa Wrote: Thanks Brian I might just take you up on the offer. You getting any sleep yet?

Yeah, I'm sleeping great. My wife isn't though. She's great. She allows me to sleep when I have to work the next day. On non work nights I do all I can to help.

31 7,912
 03-21-2012, 08:50 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I really enjoy my E so will be interested to know what you think of that Injector shave. Wink

2 11,211
 03-22-2012, 04:16 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Use it everyday for 30-days and change the blade once a week. Then use your DE again. You will put the DE back in the drawer. I will be shocked if you do not like the G.

173 23,508
 03-22-2012, 04:19 AM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
Well just finished the first injector shave and a fine shave it was. Easily as close as my normal DE shave but it was a little like cheating. Lathered up with The Fat and my TGN Finest Badger after my shower and a Proraso Pre-Post prep.

That G type is small and light and it wanted to just fly around my face. It was a faster shave than usual even for three passes, seems like it just wouldn't slow down. Got the Schick blades from Drugstore.com and they were nice and sharp and smooth. I think this G type must be quite mild because it felt like it was so easy and forgiving to move around, like I'd have to throw it at my face to get any cuts. At the same time I noticed what a good job it was doing slicing through the stubble. I actually felt like I could have stopped after pass 1 with a decent shave. I went the three passes though to try for BBS and sitting here now I just don't quite think it quite got me there. The results are still quite fantastic and more than acceptable. What I really don't understand is why this razor is not recommended for guys that are new to wet shaving and non-cartridge razors. Seems like it would be a great way to start them out and then move to DE but I guess then they might never move on to the DE's.

No nicks or weepers and I finished up with a cold water rinse and Stetson Cooling Moisture splash.

I will be keeping this injector in my rotation and will probably be adding a few more. I don't think the injectors will ever replace my DE's, but they seem to be great for a change of pace.

18 281
 03-22-2012, 04:36 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
The razors Brian mentioned above are milder than the G series like you have. An E2 might be a little more aggressive, but not by much. I thought the same thing you did but my nice DE razors now spend most of their time in the drawer. I do a three pass shave every morning with either a G1, I1, or I2 Hydro-magic.

And, if to much pressure is used or you get in to big of a hurry, that little light weight razor will cut you good. Welcome to the club.

173 23,508
 03-22-2012, 09:06 AM
User Info
Here are my Schick Injector razors. I have three 1912 Gem SE razors, and four Gillette DE razors, but the Schick Injectors get most of the play.

From left to right: E2; G1; I1; I2; L1.

For more on Schick Injectors, check out the thread, How About Some Injector Love! (photo heavy).

0 1,377
 03-22-2012, 02:22 PM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
(03-22-2012, 04:16 AM)Johnny Wrote: Use it everyday for 30-days and change the blade once a week. Then use your DE again. You will put the DE back in the drawer. I will be shocked if you do not like the G.

I think you may be right about that Johnny. I love my Gs as everyday shavers and my Es for a bit more of a thrill.

0 911